Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm really liking him. With sunfire cape and a Brutaliser her really burns through squishies at later levels....and with the new ULT cooldown it seems to be up constantly.

It' still the case though that even if I win my lane hard in bronze, we still lose 50% of time...because...well...bronze. People don't wanna try close out the game or ward.

I think Ryze was the toughest match I've faced up top so far, because I have to build MR as opposed to going straight armor-> sunfire cape.
    Is it worth building CR on him at all ? Usually when I build Armor it's always Sunfire / Randuins or Sunfire / Thornmail ...sometimes all 3 if they're very AD heavy. But I could see CR being useful ....constant Q and E. But he doesn't make use of the mana in Frozen Heart, so it's a bit of a waste.

Try going against Kayle, probably my worst match up. :D

For Ryze, i would have rushed Spirit Visage and just farmed near tower until jungle came. He has the advantage of snaring you before you can get near him and aaing to stop your passive when he likes..

The brutaliser offers 10% cdr. He has such low cooldowns anyway i don't think focusing on it is worth it. You'll only ever ult once a fight and his Q is up every few seconds anyway.

It's impossible to carry games with Garen if your team are so far behind...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Try going against Kayle, probably my worst match up. :D

Just had a game against Kayle...we won.
    But it's Bronze...so not sayin anything, trying to convince your team to ward is hard enough. End of game I had 37 wards as top to our supports 18.

Also the last 2 games top I've taken to bringing smite, and going to Cinderhulk. Because it gives so many benefits, and great for taking enemy buffs/camps when you see the jungle go bot or mid...plus you GET the buffs...and Gromp buff works great on Garen and other tankys later on.

Someone prob posted here before..but tool I came across just to check your warding

http://wardscore.loltools.net/

And this video is an excellent explanation as to why Top laners should take smite these days. (I might start trying Shyvana because of this vid....I have her as a champ...never played her....got her for free with Champion Skin Voucher pack thingy)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You know Riot are going to nerf cinderhulk into the ground soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I've seen people take smite as Teemo top before. What is the advantage to that? I've never played jungle so I'm not familiar with the new buffs/items

Smiting camps gives you boosts

Smiting gromp gives you a poison
    Smiting the big wolf gives you vision on the blue side of the side
    Smiting the big bird gives you an automatic sweeper that detects a ward
    Smiting the big krug gives your auto attacks a stun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

rawn wrote: »
    I've seen people take smite as Teemo top before. What is the advantage to that? I've never played jungle so I'm not familiar with the new buffs/items

To smite gromp I would imagine..it gives the rat a nice little damage boost early

If I have smite top and am helping the jungler kill the frog, can we both smite it and get the buff? Or just one?

IvySlayer wrote: »

Smiting gromp gives you a poison When attacked (on hit)
    Smiting the big krug gives your auto attacks a stun Against Monsters/Minions
    Just to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Smiting gromp gives you a poison
    Smiting the big wolf gives you vision on the blue side of the side
    Smiting the big bird gives you an automatic sweeper that detects a ward
    Smiting the big krug gives your auto attacks a stun

The Gromp poison scales with health so no real use unless building tanky.
    The Ancient Krug auto stun only works on monsters and minions. It also gives additional damage to turrets.

If you smite red buff then you get a chunk of health and if you smite blue buff you get an immediate chunk of mana. Blue buff smite is good if you are low on mana and need to give away blue to mid. Red buff smite is great early game if you are on a champ with no sustain.

Smite works on Shyvana because her dragon form has a free flash and she has a movement speed steroid in human form. I would be very slow to drop flash or TP in favour of smite. Flash will save your life/secure a kill and a well timed TP has so many strategic uses. Smite gives you far less in return.. some more baron/drake control but most are uncontested anyway as a TF beforehand usually decides who takes the objective.

Playboy wrote: »
    The Gromp poison scales with health so no real use unless building tanky.
    The Ancient Krug auto stun only works on monsters and minions. It also gives additional damage to turrets.

If you smite red buff then you get a chunk of health and if you smite blue buff you get an immediate chunk of mana. Blue buff smite is good if you are low on mana and need to give away blue to mid. Red buff smite is great early game if you are on a champ with no sustain.

Smite works on Shyvana because her dragon form has a free flash and she has a movement speed steroid in human form. I would be very slow to drop flash or TP in favour of smite. Flash will save your life/secure a kill and a well timed TP has so many strategic uses. Smite gives you far less in return.. some more baron/drake control but most are uncontested anyway as a TF beforehand usually decides who takes the objective.

Just played an AI with teemo. Took smite and built skirmishers for red smite, seemed to work pretty well cos it deals true damage to enemies and reduces damage taken by 20%. Might try it in a real game, probably get flamed hard :P

• Advertisement

Just played an AI with teemo. Took smite and built skirmishers for red smite, seemed to work pretty well cos it deals true damage to enemies and reduces damage taken by 20%. Might try it in a real game, probably get flamed hard :P

I thought you would get flamed for playing teemo full stop! :p

I thought you would get flamed for playing teemo full stop! :p

This is true! I can't help but love playing the annoying champs, like Teemo and Heimerdinger :D I miss AP Tristana, since they changed her mechanics it doesn't work anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

As far as I know, the buff from smiting only applies to the first smite.

If I have smite top and am helping the jungler kill the frog, can we both smite it and get the buff? Or just one?

the first person to smite gets the buff from the camp so wouldnt do it unless your jungler is cool with it

the first person to smite gets the buff from the camp so wouldnt do it unless your jungler is cool with it

Yeah just been testing it out in AI games. After the jungler has cleared the camp I run by the two monsters on my way back to top and smite the big one and leave without killing it. This worked the first time, but I never got the buff again after that using the same technique. Confused now as to whether that's a bug or not.

God I really hate the LoL community. Just had my first Olaf game and got owned by Riven, no help from jungler. My team spent the whole game telling me how useless I was, without giving advice and then reported my afterwards. The toxic community really puts a downer on the whole game. Grumble grumble grumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

There's nothing else I can say about this except:

/mute all

I do this at the start of every game. Or at the very least as soon as others start talking ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

You know Riot are going to nerf cinderhulk into the ground soon :P

Great how non-Junglers **** Junglers over CONSTANTLY...

But come on, it's not rocket science on a simple fix:

They ought to bring back the old mechanic where the item strictly works for junglers, and not non-junglers...

i.e.:

You need to have a minimum amount of large neutral monsters killed for the cinderhulk effect to be activated. Like how the old Devourer item, whatever it was called, you needed 30 large monster kills so that you can start stacking it.

Do the same for Cinderhulk... now top laners can't benefit it anymore unless they want to waste time killing 30 large [Neutral] monsters.

BeerWolf wrote: »

Do the same for Cinderhulk... now top laners can't benefit it anymore unless they want to waste time killing 30 large [Neutral] monsters.

Issue with this is that people will complain that tank junglers are useless again..generally after you have your cinderhulk done its just gank all game so u dont really prioritize farm..so if thats the case then your back to the way tanks jungles were before the item was introduced and then we are back to the few carry style champs that can survive the first clear in the jungle..

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Great how non-Junglers **** Junglers over CONSTANTLY...

But come on, it's not rocket science on a simple fix:

They ought to bring back the old mechanic where the item strictly works for junglers, and not non-junglers...

i.e.:

You need to have a minimum amount of large neutral monsters killed for the cinderhulk effect to be activated. Like how the old Devourer item, whatever it was called, you needed 30 large monster kills so that you can start stacking it.

They could limit smite/jungle item to only one player per team

• Advertisement

They could limit smite/jungle item to only one player per team

That won't be abused at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Currently on a tear with Aatrox top winning 8 of my last 9 games. Aatrox was my most played champ in ranked last season with 65 games being played. I'm playing against tanks like Shyvana and Hec top and im ripping them to pieces. People in the lobby also calling me out on him being weak and hes a bad pick in the current meta.

Am i just getting lucky here?

Currently on a tear with Aatrox top winning 8 of my last 9 games. Aatrox was my most played champ in ranked last season with 65 games being played. I'm playing against tanks like Shyvana and Hec top and im ripping them to pieces. People in the lobby also calling me out on him being weak and hes a bad pick in the current meta.

Reported, Aatrox doesn't need to stack mana

Teach me. I love Aatrox but I do badly with him, always outpoked and out-sustained til late-mid game (if they're not too fed by that stage)

aQ4r96r_460s.jpg

Ok just lost two games back to back. :D First was versus a Riven. Was fine early until enemy jungle came top to often and she just got out of control with superior CS at lvl 6 + But its definitely a skill match and is winnable. Would probably take Exhaust if i was to face one again.

Second game was versus a Malphite. **** me this probably the hardest match ups in the game for Aatrox. Since so much of Aatrox' damage and "tankyness" comes from attack speed at no time during the game does Aatrox have an advantage over Malph. And if he rushes frozen heart you can forget about it.

Who actually counters Riven? I can beat her the *very* odd Teemo game but that's prob cos she's a new/unskilled Riven. I feckin hate her.

Who actually counters Riven? I can beat her the *very* odd Teemo game but that's prob cos she's a new/unskilled Riven. I feckin hate her.

Jax, Renekton, Pantheon, Garen

Knowing to engage her when her shield/stun is down, avoiding her burst. I actually have done well against her as Cho'gath. Avoiding the lvl 2 cheese is vital though.

On another note, Riven mains are so pleasant. Especially when they think they are god and blame the jungler when they overextend and get camped :)

And lost my third versus Renekton, hahaha. **** this guy hits hard. Aatrox hype train derailed boys

• Advertisement

Garen is easy match up vs her.

Stay away form her til lvl 3-4 then wait for her to harass, drop the Q and Spin, she will stun but you'll still be spinning.

Build armor and she'll be ''easy pickens'' at lvl 6. :D

IF you die early to her, it's not the end of the world. You can still come back. Feed her early though and she will dominate.

Advertisement