Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Who beats Renekton top. **** me this champ is a right ****. He does so much damage early game, and its free damage because hes always gonna make it to you dashing through minions. I feel like Gnar, Jayce and Rumble would do well versus him, none of which i play. Or maybe an ADC with mobility like Quinn or Vayne.

Did i just answer my own question?

I have played Jayce against him with no joy, don't play him too often though tbh so maybe it's just me No top champ i played beats him (usually Aatrox, Olaf, Heimer, Teemo, Gangplank, Darius). But I might just be noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

rawn wrote: »
    I have played Jayce against him with no joy, don't play him too often though tbh so maybe it's just me No top champ i played beats him (usually Aatrox, Olaf, Heimer, Teemo, Gangplank, Darius). But I might just be noob.

I played Aatrox twice versus him top and got violated both times, and Aatrox is my second most played champ. My top lane needs work :o. I pretty much only play Aatrox.

Meanwhile jungle Diana boyz...

12/3/10
    11/4/15
    7/0/2

...for my last 3 games. Been going max CDR on her in those games. So nice having a W shield before you Zhonyas then having your W off CD when Zhonyas ends.

I played Aatrox twice versus him top and got violated both times, and Aatrox is my second most played champ. My top lane needs work :o. I pretty much only play Aatrox.

Meanwhile jungle Diana boyz...

12/3/10
    11/4/15
    7/0/2

...for my last 3 games. Been going max CDR on her in those games. So nice having a W shield before you Zhonyas then having your W off CD when Zhonyas ends.

What's your LoL username. Should add some more local players to my friends list :D Mine Is "Paint My Fence"

Just added you there (Sa Elasa Tirivi). I only play ranked. Currently Gold 1. But i suppose the odd few games of Team Builder or Normals wouldn't go amiss for learning new champs

Just added you there (Sa Elasa Tirivi). I only play ranked. Currently Gold 1. But i suppose the odd few games of Team Builder or Normals wouldn't go amiss for learning new champs

Yeah I'm not up to ranked yet, still just messing around :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Who beats Renekton top. **** me this champ is a right ****. He does so much damage early game, and its free damage because hes always gonna make it to you dashing through minions. I feel like Gnar, Jayce and Rumble would do well versus him, none of which i play. Or maybe an ADC with mobility like Quinn or Vayne.

Did i just answer my own question?

I cant really think of any champions that beat renektons early game..HE has good base damage and fixed duration stun and and a dash. Only plus side is that if u dnt die to him and allow him to snowball hes pretty useless later in the game..easily kited and needs to sit in the middle of team fights to be useful..Friend of mine plays him alot and he uses his dash to engage team fights stun a carry and then gets the **** out.

TLDR: Dont feed renekton and wait till 30 mins haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What about Garen? He will out trade him and has a silence

IvySlayer wrote: »

I havent laned against a garen since I was below level 30 so i couldn't give you any sure way..He seems like he would be easily kited tho. and his Spin ( think its his E) will always cause the wave to push towards you.. Just ask for jungle pressure early and he should become pretty useless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Garen vs Rene can go either way.

Rene has high early game damage and can harass Garen for a good chunk of his hp by lvl 3. Slice through minions, stun, cleave, dice back out.

Trying to stop Rene farming/building his fury is key. Freezing near you turret and making him commit to csing so your jungler can gank is as good as it gets. He can clear pretty quick though.

If you kill him early, you have a chance.

If he kills you early, he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Try Trundle vs Renek. Easy to play, lots of sustain, low cd on abilities especially his q and his ult fcks up tanks. Just be careful in early trades that you dont take his dash/stun combo without replying with a couple of q's and autos. You should be able to sustain back up just as well as him.

Also Panth can work and Kennen. Maybe Vlad too who is pretty good in this meta

• Advertisement

6 in a row :P

xaopzo.jpg

Starting dorans rings works wonders for his mana hungry early game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

6 in a row :P

xaopzo.jpg

Starting dorans rings works wonders for his mana hungry early game

What elo?

Team builder is so ****ing slow to find a game, then when you do people leave constantly! So i picked Maokai for the first time....in ranked :D Was versus a Riven and it went very well. My passive was stacking so much cause Riven was doing her Riven thing. Feels like a very safe champ to just sit top and farm to his strong mid/late game and TP down for dragon fights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Team builder is so ****ing slow to find a game, then when you do people leave constantly! So i picked Maokai for the first time....in ranked :D Was versus a Riven and it went very well. My passive was stacking so much cause Riven was doing her Riven thing. Feels like a very safe champ to just sit top and farm to his strong mid/late game and TP down for dragon fights

Teambuilder flat out refuses to work for me. Whenever I try joining the queue, I get a popup saying that it cannnot connect to the pvp.net service or something. All other queues work fine. Seems my client is constantly doing mini disconnects or something

Korvanica wrote: »
    Teambuilder flat out refuses to work for me. Whenever I try joining the queue, I get a popup saying that it cannnot connect to the pvp.net service or something. All other queues work fine. Seems my client is constantly doing mini disconnects or something

Mine too, for ages now. I have a support ticket waiting to be answered for it so I'll let you know how that goes.

Dat Ashe!

New Ashe is so good now. Finally will get some use out of those Ashe skins i bought :rolleyes:

Liking the new damage numbers as well, very nice indeed

Dat Ashe!

New Ashe is so good now. Finally will get some use out of those Ashe skins i bought :rolleyes:

Liking the new damage numbers as well, very nice indeed
    Man, Ashe was always golden!

Now, she OP!

Brunette skin is best! :pac:

Playboy wrote: »
    What elo?

Low Silver and high bronze elo babeh :cool:

New Ashe is good, wish they updated her model though! I tried Muramana, cooldown boots, essence reaver, last whisper, you can Q and W forever :P She's still Ashe though, no escapes and this meta of tanks and gap closing she's still weak

What's she like with standard ADC build?

I keep getting dc'd. Happens to me and my bf when we play together on the same connection, it says "attempting to reconnect" forever, then says to check your firewall. Can't play another game until the game finishes. But then the match we got kicked from isn't in our history. Anyone else? Happens a lot, usually late.

rawn wrote: »
    I keep getting dc'd. Happens to me and my bf when we play together on the same connection, it says "attempting to reconnect" forever, then says to check your firewall. Can't play another game until the game finishes. But then the match we got kicked from isn't in our history. Anyone else? Happens a lot, usually late.

That's an error on Riots side not you. Usually happens on patchday

• Advertisement

That's an error on Riots side not you. Usually happens on patchday

It's been happening for a few weeks.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Man, Ashe was always golden!

Now, she OP!

Brunette skin is best! :pac:

I felt she had a poor laning phase. Just got bullied abit too much by the likes of Lucian and Graves. She always did have a pretty strong late game though, seems like it could be even better now.

Just played my first ranked Ashe game. Ashe & Annie vs Jinx & Thresh. Nothing special pre 6 but once we hit 6 is got disgusting. Annie ults Jinx for the stun, we get abit of damage down until she takes the lantern from Thresh. As she is about to take the lantern i ult Thresh and get a double stun on both of them and we clean up.

But i suppose this lane was possible pre-rework but its the first time i could use Thresh' lantern against him :D

Ashe and Janna is nearly unstoppable

Me and a friend have played Braum/ Lucian into every ashe lane since the patch and have stomped every game.. She still has the same problems as before that she is stupidly easy to kill/gank if shes out of position because she has no escape

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wish theyd ****ing delete Riven already. Or at least nerf her senseless.

She was nerfed this patch. But yes i agree. I do well against her with darius though

Kold wrote: »
    I wish theyd ****ing delete Riven already. Or at least nerf her senseless.
    I love riven on opposite team. They always over extend :o

Hello Riven, I'm Malphite, I'll be crushing you today

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I love riven on opposite team. They always over extend :o

Then bounce away :P

Advertisement