Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horror as victim kicked to death over 70c

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Blikes wrote: »
    feel sick and disgusted reading that... We need life sentence in this country, LIFE, not feckin' 8 years!

We do have life sentences for murder.

10 kicks within the blink of an eye, the culprit was Chinese. Martial arts, put two and two together.

Personally I detest any of these disease ridden internet cafés, junkies dribbling and puking all over keyboards, PC's riddled with viruses, spam, leaving your personnal details wide open to pillaging they charge you between 50c and €1,50 for printing out each A4 sheet of paper even if it comes out arseways.

Thanks to netbooks, smart phones and wifi spots these places are becoming less significant in todays society and hopefully some day soon we shall see the back of them.

So every Chinese person knows martial arts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

I'm stuggling to work out how someone being (allegedly) killed by an employee in a shop is the fault of 'junkies', flat complexes and treatment centres???

RIP

havana wrote: »
    I'm stuggling to work out how someone being (allegedly) killed by an employee in a shop is the fault of 'junkies', flat complexes and treatment centres???

RIP

English reading and comprehension FAIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

So every Chinese person knows martial arts?

It's second nature to them which is one reason I would avoid any sort of confrontation with them. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

Dublin city centre is a knacker hole.
    The people who stood by and watched should be charged as accessories to murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Liamario wrote: »

Are you serious? Really? Now maybe if those people somehow helped in kicking him to death then of course they would be accessories to murder. But how can you say that to someone who had no part in the death whatsoever? You're making no sense here.

And on another note, why is the Garda presence around that area, to put it bluntly, so ****ing shít? My mother has to get the bus there everyday after work and after hearing this I'm genuinely very worried for her safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Let's just forget about the value of the money involved, it's irrelevant. Kicking someone to death over any sum of money is just abhorrent.

djmcr wrote: »
    So the price of a life to you is 70 euro:confused::confused::confused:

Oh come on, you know that's not what she was saying.

• Advertisement

10 kicks within the blink of an eye, the culprit was Chinese. Martial arts, put two and two together.

Personally I detest any of these disease ridden internet cafés, junkies dribbling and puking all over keyboards, PC's riddled with viruses, spam, leaving your personnal details wide open to pillaging they charge you between 50c and €1,50 for printing out each A4 sheet of paper even if it comes out arseways.

Thanks to netbooks, smart phones and wifi spots these places are becoming less significant in todays society and hopefully some day soon we shall see the back of them.

Holy ****...if this is the same internet cafe that I'm thinking of...well a few months ago I was using it and a lad refused to pay for a phone call that he had made. The Chinese guy who works there asked him nicely several times to pay, but he told him to **** off and walked out of the shop. The Chinese guy again tried but saw that he was getting nowhere and thus proceeded to kick the **** out of the lad.
    ....Can't help but think it's the same guy.

(btw how do you know the culprit is Chinese...where did you hear that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

There is so much in that area for them is the problem. Begging anywhere near the Ha'penny bridge, Temple Bar Square etc I would imgaine yields more than anywhere else, what with so many gullible tourists about. Then you have Internet Cafes they use as hostels when the hostels refuse them. FocusIreland is in Temple Bar also and they always hang around outside that for whatever reason. Place is second only to Marlborough St for it's level of junkies roaming about.

Holy ****...if this is the same internet cafe that I'm thinking of...well a few months ago I was using it and a lad refused to pay for a phone call that he had made. The Chinese guy who works there asked him nicely several times to pay, but he told him to **** off and walked out of the shop. The Chinese guy again tried but saw that he was getting nowhere and thus proceeded to kick the **** out of the lad.
    ....Can't help but think it's the same guy.

I heard a different story about this guy but on the same lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sounds like he deserved it to me..
    Yes

Banned - Trolling.

If it is the same guy that is behind the counter most times I am passing, he is Chinese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

If the alleged perp is Chinese (or any other Asian heritage since people seem to make the Chinese synonomous for Asian) and operates a small shop known for its rough crowd, I can easily imagine an individual who has probably been intimidated, bullied, and harassed. I can also imagine someone in that position reaching a boiling point after feeling disrespected so many times and then making the decision that they no longer were going to take it and began lashing out. To them, the 70c wasn't the issue, it was the fact that as an owner of an establishment, a patron didn't respect his business and his role as owner. I think it is a shame that someone lost their life, a daughter lost her father, and that a family is left to mourn someone over 70c but I can see a scenario of how it could happen.

Now saying that, I'm thankful for being reared in the hood because I would have likely stepped. I've prepared to do it in the past, and I have interceded in other scenarios, it may not be the smartest thing, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

God damn it, all over 70 cent. Hope the thug who did this gets caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The person who did it will get manslaughter even though every knows it you kick somebody in the head once it could kill them let alone 10 times and he will get under ten years in prison maybe even under 5 years. The most liberal justice system on the planet.

Xivilai wrote: »
    God damn it, all over 70 cent. Hope the thug who did this gets caught.
    Being the person working behind the counter of the establishment it wouldn't have taken too much to catch him.
    Pauleta wrote: »
    The person who did it will get manslaughter even though every knows it you kick somebody in the head once it could kill them let alone 10 times and he will get under ten years in prison maybe even under 5 years. The most liberal justice system on the planet.
    If this had happened out in his own country the system would have had him convicted and exicuted within the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The ignorance expressed in this thread is disgusting..

True, Its the same problem in every town we have just obviously on a smaller scale to Dublin, I went Dublin recently, I was on both Luas's, City Centre etc And I saw nothing that I wouldn't see from my window here in Cork, The smaller towns are worse in the sense that the scumbags will notice a new face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I've been doing a bit of shopping around Henry and Talbot Streets; I swear during the winter and spring, I didn't notice as many of the "thugs" walking around O'Connell St then as I did last week. I remember stopping in one of the BK's on O'Connell St to grab a coffee; it was earlier in the day, the period transitioning between breakfast and lunch. One of them guys in a track suit, picked up his phone, made a call, and said into the receiver, "There's an American here at BK". I'm still not sure what to make of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

If the alleged perp is Chinese (or any other Asian heritage since people seem to make the Chinese synonomous for Asian) and operates a small shop known for its rough crowd, I can easily imagine an individual who has probably been intimidated, bullied, and harassed. I can also imagine someone in that position reaching a boiling point after feeling disrespected so many times and then making the decision that they no longer were going to take it and began lashing out. To them, the 70c wasn't the issue, it was the fact that as an owner of an establishment, a patron didn't respect his business and his role as owner. I think it is a shame that someone lost their life, a daughter lost her father, and that a family is left to mourn someone over 70c but I can see a scenario of how it could happen.

Agree with this. I'm sorry for the man who died but I can well foresee a scenario where this shopkeeper has messers walking and in out of his shop all day long, ripping him off and he just snapped on this occasion. This instance which leaves bystanders horrified and on the side of the deceased could just as easily have been one of the same bystanders tutting at the deceased for just walking off with a sneer on his face and a fúck-you to the owner. It's a fine line.

In an ideal world people would just do the right thing. Yer man would pay his 70c and still be alive and the shopkeeper wouldn't be going to jail now. Of course some people think they can just go thru life playing a clever game at everyone elses expense and sometimes unfortunately you'll lose big with that sort of tactic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

We do have life sentences for murder.
    No, we have 'life' sentences. Do you know how long the average murderer spends in prison in Ireland? And that's before you get into the whole 'I didn't mean to kick him to death' brigade, where they get done for manslaughter, are sentenced to ten years, and serve 6. Which is probably what will happen here.

I'd happily see them in there for good to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

People assuming it was a junkie that did this, more than likely the victim was the junkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Let's just forget about the value of the money involved, it's irrelevant. Kicking someone to death over any sum of money is just abhorrent.
    My sentiments to ...it's such a tragic incident that you know shouldn't have happened regardless of the sum of money involved .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Elisabeth Blanctorche

Everybody was 'Kung Fu Fighting' do do dooo do do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

One of them guys in a track suit, picked up his phone, made a call, and said into the receiver, "There's an American here at BK". I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Spy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

I'd say the guy dead was scum fair play to the guy for havin the balls to rid the streets of at least 1 parasite..sounds harsh but that's life

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

partyndbs wrote: »
    I'd say the guy dead was scum fair play to the guy for havin the balls to rid the streets of at least 1 parasite..sounds harsh but that's life

The f*ck? Are you trolling?

Anyway, back on topic, why are Dublin's scumbags all concentrated in the city centre? I'm a Dubliner myself and even tho I love my city and there are loads of nice areas, I tend to stay the hell away from certain parts of the city centre. Is it something to do with places for junkies being set up in the city centre? Either way its bad for tourism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

No I'm not I'm wrong ill hold my hands up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

You got there a little late,someone else already expressed their shock and awe at my statement :rolleyes:
    Come on use your brains,you know that's not what i'm saying.

Sorree! Sometimes I post what I think is an original comment (having read the thread) and when I log on next day it is preceded by others comments not visible to me at the time of posting, suspect duplication happens to everyone at some stage or another:rolleyes:

Guess what you are saying that someone could be understood for losing it if they were owed €70 but not if it is 70c...........I am saying €700, €7,000, €70,000......how much are you worth??

However...have I touched a nerve??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah but the person who stepped in was his friend. Not just a bystander. I don't even know how people can watch someone getting kicked to the head and without at least trying to intervene.

Just last Friday I was walking home from town when I saw about 12 scumbags kicking the **** outta one guy.
    He was on the ground and they were stampping the living **** outta him.

I didn't intervene because I'm not a ****ing hero for hire. If I had of gotten involved it would have only resulted in two people getting the living **** stamped outta them.

I did however call 999 and report it.

I think it's all well and good to say things like,
    I don't even know how people can watch someone getting kicked to the head and without at least trying to intervene
    But when faced with the reality of the situation you'd change your tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

knacker hole......outstanding vocabulary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Sorree! Sometimes I post what I think is an original comment (having read the thread) and when I log on next day it is preceded by others comments not visible to me at the time of posting, suspect duplication happens to everyone at some stage or another:rolleyes:

Guess what you are saying that someone could be understood for losing it if they were owed €70 but not if it is 70c...........I am saying €700, €7,000, €70,000......how much are you worth??

However...have I touched a nerve??
    No nerve touched at all :confused: you were the one that had a problem with what I said. What I was saying was I could understand maybe that €70 might be worth something to somebody,like if they wanted their next fix,but over cents is baffling.yes of course human life is priceless bla bla bla,i'm saying in terms of what is reality for people that are desperate for money.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I just want to know where all the Garda that were protecting the queen were when this was happening- some 14000 of them.

For the last week theres been Garda every few hundred feet right into Dublin City centre and you would probably have been done for the slightest thing.She goes home and theres not one around to witness this happening.

Fooked up country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

LOL post of the day!
    That is the most stupid thing I've heard this week and that's saying something. I watched 9/11 on tv can I expect the navy seals in the black helicopters some night?
    If you want to save the world join the peace core.
    Please go back to reading the daily mail and find something else to be outraged about.

Console wrote: »
    Yeah.
    its funny, just thought about something .....
    According to here there are over 14,000 gardai in this country.
    And here it says there is nearly 5 million people living in this country.

No wonder there are so much crimes.
    its a 0.75% ratio of cops to population. wow. freaky.

14000 Gardai to a population of 5,000,000 is 0.28% ;)

Just about the red luas line comments, years ago (2003 to 2005) I lived near the Red Cow and used to get the Luas into town everynow and then, it was fine back then, presumably it's worse now?

I liked Dublin back then and never found it too scummy to be honest.

This incident is obviously appalling and tragic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

quit presenting herald articles as fact.
    believed to be just 70 cent.

Believed by whom? The journalist's 6 year old nephew perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

RoverJames wrote: »
    Just about the red luas line comments, years ago (2003 to 2005) I lived near the Red Cow and used to get the Luas into town everynow and then, it was fine back then, presumably it's worse now?
    Bad enough that they have security guards in stab proof body armour patrolling it at peak hours.

Nevore wrote: »
    Bad enough that they have security guards in stab proof body armour patrolling it at peak hours.

Really? Or are you taking the p1ss :eek:

So not many normal folk would use it taking the kids into town so I take it? That's a bummer.

• Advertisement

This net cafe is again open for business this evening. Just make sure you have enough change with you when using their services because there is another Chinaman behind the counter. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

This net cafe is now open again this evening for business. Just make sure you have enough change with you when using their services because there is another Chinaman behind the counter. :eek:

Wtf has nationality got to do with it? There are two kinds of people in the world, people with common decency and cnuts who do that kind of thing. Nationality is a minor consideration for me after that.

No nerve touched at all :confused: you were the one that had a problem with what I said. What I was saying was I could understand maybe that €70 might be worth something to somebody,like if they wanted their next fix,but over cents is baffling.yes of course human life is priceless bla bla bla,i'm saying in terms of what is reality for people that are desperate for money.

Yeah to be fair, I am being a bit sharp here :) Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

partyndbs wrote: »

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Man charged over fatal Dublin assault
    Updated: 15:20, Monday, 23 May 2011

A 34-year-old man has appeared in court charged with assaulting a man in Dublin over the weekend.

St James's Hospital - Noel Fegan died in hospital on Friday
    Zhen Zhao, with an address at Jervis Street, was charged with the manslaughter of Noel Fegan at Wellington Quay in Dublin city centre last Friday.
    Mr Fegan, 40, from Finglas in Dublin died in St James's Hospital after he was attacked and kicked a number of times on the street.
    Judge Anne Watkin remanded Zhen Zhao in custody to appear again at Cloverhill District
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0523/fegann.html

Let's not jump to conclusions as to the suspects nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

The f*ck? Are you trolling?

Anyway, back on topic, why are Dublin's scumbags all concentrated in the city centre? I'm a Dubliner myself and even tho I love my city and there are loads of nice areas, I tend to stay the hell away from certain parts of the city centre. Is it something to do with places for junkies being set up in the city centre? Either way its bad for tourism.

The whole area around the quays, O' Connell Street and Talbot Street is now completely infested with junkies. It's like a scene out of Thriller movie these days, the whole criminal justice system is a sick joke. I've a mate who is a cop down in Store Street and he said you can prosecute these guys all day long for their misdemeanours, shoplifting, muggings, assaults, etc, but they will get free legal aid down in the District Court, a solicitior will stand up for them and plead for a non custodial sentence, lying to the judge about their clients attempts to straighten themselves out, and they'll be out and about and back at it the next day, all paid for by the tax payer.

If you ever have an hour or two to spare in the city, you should go into the District Court there at the Bridewell Station, court's 44 and 45, and see our justice system in operation, it would actually be funny if you were not paying for it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I just want to know where all the Garda that were protecting the queen were when this was happening- some 14000 of them.

For the last week theres been Garda every few hundred feet right into Dublin City centre and you would probably have been done for the slightest thing.She goes home and theres not one around to witness this happening.

Fooked up country.

I think they were there quite fast and arrested him. You can't prevent crimes of passion though. Haven't you seen minority report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Here's the attack on a female Guard I was referring to, in pretty much the same spot.

Some people even video'd in on their phones rather than, ya know .. actually help her.

Source

This raises another question also - why was the female guard on her own? I thought there was some rule that female guards are accompanied by a male guard when they are on duty? Or maybe that's just my imagination running wild.....in fact I thought there always had to be 2 guards together in potentially dangerous situations regardless of their sex - for backup like.

Nah...flies in the face of equality legislation and with reduction in O/T you will see a lot more of them patrolling solo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

My housemate - whos a Garda in town told me this story and I was nearly sick to my stomach!

I had seen the crime scene on my way home and I asked him what had happened!

Got the full story and it was awful!

The papers have the gist of it but there is some wrong information floating about!

I think its disgusting that there is no respect for human life anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

RoverJames wrote: »
    Really? Or are you taking the p1ss :eek:

So not many normal folk would use it taking the kids into town so I take it? That's a bummer.
    Really.

I use it, and feel safe enough but it can be pretty intimidating when there's a crowd of them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement