Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horror as victim kicked to death over 70c

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Nevore wrote: »
    I use it, and feel safe enough but it can be pretty intimidating when there's a crowd of them.
    It begs the question: exactly who thinks it is a good idea that ordinary people and families have to live in fear due to a small number of these scumbags? If our top politicians had to put up with these scummers every day, you have to wonder if something concrete would be done to take them off our streets (ideally by reforming them, but more realistically by putting them somewhere where they can't harm the innocent anymore).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thingonmyback

noel-fagan.jpg
    There's an article on sundayworld.com this week about the chap who died and there's a pic of him.

Go to sundayworld.com and go to columnists and SW Irish crime, the article is down the page a bit.

I used to live in Bachelors Walk apts and I think I recognise the guy, he used to sit on the hapenny bridge, very quiet guy, was always there and never looked left or right or made eye contact with anyone. Never gave anyone any jip as far as I remeber.

When I read the article, I must say I was upset, it's very sad that this guy's life ended up the way it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

When I read the article, I must say I was upset, it's very sad that this guy's life ended up the way it did.

+1

nobody deserves to die that way, cept for pedos and the like of course, it's sad enough that someone ends up in a homeless situation without meeting his makier in the way that this man did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 al bundy 123

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Not surprised in the least, almost every row I have seen in Dublin in the last few years has been down around there. Junkies sleep in the Internet cafe as it's €5 from midnight to 8am for a PC. They just get one and then sleep in the chair and don't even use the PC.

That whole quay is a rough spot though. From that cafe to up past the Gypsy Rose, there is always scumbag junkies walking around like zombies looking for trouble. Police presence in the area is a joke.

Actually, wasn't a female Guard kicked around in that very spot last year?
    what if it was someone you knew he was harmless he wouldnt hurt anybody he was talking to his daughter and was short 30 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

why does this man responsible deserve to continue living? i completely agree with the death penalty in such a case. The realty is that this guy will probaly be in prison for little over 10 years and cost the tax payer thousands. Heres the thing i cant understand?, It costs thousands each year to house and feed prisioners and yet i see adverts on television that it only costs €7 a month to save the starving child in Africa and apparently a child dies every 3 seconds in africa and 30,000 a day under 5 years old just from malaria.My point is that people think the death penalty is wrong but all we do is choose to save 1 guilty irish rapist or murderer over thousands of innocent african children. It does not seem logical to condemn thousands of children to death and use the money to save a murderer or rapist by housing him in a cage for a few years then the government is going to have to provide some sort of protection and social welfare such as rent allowance. This guy could get out of prison after just a few years and rent a house next door to you at the cost of the tax payer while thousands of children continue to die every day cause the money is not there to save them. Why is this moral, and above all how is this logical? ( Yes by the way for those wondering i am in fact Bono)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

People didn't help because people rarely help in these situations:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

mehfesto wrote: »
    People didn't help because people rarely help in these situations:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Still no reason to bump a 9 month old thread... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

1)Thread about murder victim
    2)Necro thread coming back to life
    3)????
    4)Irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread lock.
    It's find to bump old threads if there is new information pertaining directly to the OP, but in this case it's just continuing the discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement