Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Sitecom 300N range extender

Options
  • 22-05-2011 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the site. I've searched to see if anyone has already posted on this problem before but can't see anything (this guy had a similar problem but not the exact same- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68465539). Anyway, here goes:

I live in a large old house with thick walls. Internet is supplied by eircom and the wireless router is their standard Zyxel product and it is working well. The problem is that the wifi signal does not reach a part of the house where I spend a lot of my time (router is in home office and can't be moved). I went to maplins and bought a Sitecom range extender, took it out of the box, set it up as directed and everything was working fine. When I went to sleep last night I closed the lid of my netbook (Asus Eee PC).

This morning when I tried to connect to the internet via the wireless range extender I keep getting the Limited or No Connectivity message. I've tried 1) clicking the Repair connection button in support, 2) restarting the computer and 3) disabling and reenabling the Wireless Network Adapter. Nothing works. When I bring the computer within range of the eircom router it connects to the net fine and the range extender hasn't been moved so I can't figure out what has changed overnight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement