Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Insignia

Options
  • 22-05-2011 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Was asked about these the other day and I have heard nothing about them good or bad and dont even know anyone who has one. Can anyone advise on them. Are they a good motor? Recommend Diesel or Petrol? I know it'll depend on the use but for this person I'm inclined to advise diesel as it'll pay her back down the road when she wants to change it again. Any known problems with them? They are a great looking car but sadly thats as much as I know about them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MPB

Cheers buddy. having just talked to a guy at work whose wife has the priviledge of a company car he tells me they went and drove one and overall thought it ok to drive but room in the rear of the car is non existent he said. He said if all you have is amall kids then it is ok but he said he saty in the rear and his head was hitting hte roof and no he's not a tall chap. Co2 seems to high too on the petrols so that makes diesel the only way to go on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

lad who works with me has the 130bhp diesel estate for a company car

prefers it to his wifes 1.9TDi passat. Boot space in the estate is smaller than you'd imagine but he is happy with it

MPB wrote: »
    but room in the rear of the car is non existent he said. He said if all you have is amall kids then it is ok but he said he saty in the rear and his head was hitting hte roof and no he's not a tall chap.

Had one for a weekend last year, I was driving it so not in the back but there were no complaints from the two lads in the back, both less than 5"10 though so by no means tall dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

RoverJames wrote: »
    Had one for a weekend last year, I was driving it so not in the back but there were no complaints from the two lads in the back, both less than 5"10 though so by no means tall dudes.

+1, I've never had a complaint of space in the rear, and I'm 6'1.

OP, the 2.0CDTi 160bhp Ecoflex is probably the best of the bunch in terms of resale value. A petrol Insignia won't hold it's value at all. The only way I can see value in petrol is if you're doing very small mileage.

IMO, the 4 door is a much smarter looking car compared to the 5dr, but I suppose that's personal preferance.

There have been a few complaints on here about reliability. One of the big issues is dodgy brake pads and discs that will need to be replaced probably around 30,000km. This will probably only affect you if you go for a second hand Insignia, as I think the problem has been solved on new cars.

Other small issues include the radio not working properly, auto lights/wipers giving problems, and heated seats not working.

The best thing you can do is go out and drive one and see how you feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

not a bad car in fairness have a sew warranty issues but the model is still new and they seem to have most of the bugs ironed out, have only ever seen one petrol model very basic 1.6 model did nothing for the car, with the price of tax ect diesel is the way to go it seems, the garage i work in havent sold any petrol ones at all

Advertisement