Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor

Options
  • 22-05-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭

I have a new rig but i didn't get a new monitor so i still have my 19" which the new rig is wasted on
    what would you suggest for a new monitor and would it be a good time to invest in a 3D one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What are your system specs?

Also, you'll need an NVIDIA card for 3D, if you don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Well you can't go down the usual 3D route with ATI (if its the HD 6970 rig in your sig), not for gaming anyway, but it'll work for 3D movies etc i think? will need the nvidia 3D vision kit @ ~€120 to use the 3D features.
    But its worth your while getting a 3D capable monitor for 120hz 2D alone.

The monitor seyeM is a great budget 120Hz monitor according to reviews. its 1 im considering myself for a later 3 screen 3D surround rig im looking into.

Same monitor can be gotten for just under €200 from scan.co.uk (linky)

im not sure if Dabs €205 includes delivery charge or not?

EDIT: quick thing about the LG again, its better and is recommended over its more expensive rival, the Acer Aspire GD245HQ.

^ Nope. Delievery's an extra €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

thanks for that
    so you reckon that monitor would be good for 3d?
    and i would definitely have to get the Nvidia kit in order to play 3d games?

• Advertisement

If you would just post your system specs, we could answer that...

You might have a pile-of-crap computer that would struggle with anything in 3D. And yes, you need the NVIDIA kit to game in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my specs are in my sig below

>.< My bad. I always assumed this board just didn't allow signatures, not that they were disabled by default.

Well you'll need an NVIDIA card if you're planning on doing any 3D gaming. You're probably looking at something around a GTX 570 to get similar performance.

Advertisement