Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stairs & Doors

Options
  • 22-05-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a supplier in the midlands area to buy internal oak doors, frames, arcatrave (sp!!), and an oak staircase from? Just starting to price around at the moment.

Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Dunnes Workshop in Rahugh, Kilbeggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Just a small word of advice,solid oak doors from a joinery are approx 4X the price compared to what you can buy pre finished doors from a good bulder's merchant type store. I always give customers that advice, the solid frames and skirting / architrave should be good value for money from any Joinery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 David Crowley.com

It really all depends on what you are looking for. More often than not the doors supplied by a builders providers are not solid doors they are usuallly a core of chipboard with a veneered front and back, made to look like a solid door.

There is a large supplier in kilbeggan called Kantor, as far as i know they supply to the general public. I dont think they supply finished stairs but they do supply sair components.

If you are looking for a custo stairs and doors i would be happy to provide a quote. i am currently re-building my website but i can forward some images to you. www.davidcrowley.com

Advertisement