Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro Stage 15: Conegliano - Gardeccia-Val di Fassa (229km)

• 22-05-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

The last day in the Dolomites. It seems none of the other riders can catch Contador, but a brave steak angler nearly caught him yesterday, and might be back to try and land the big doper again today.

stage_15_map_600.jpg

stage_15_profile_600.jpg

stage_15_profile_lastkms_600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

reckon i could ride that

it would take me a week
    :eek:

anyone see past contadoperdor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Great win by Anton yesterday, and a really good ride by Nibali aswell, I was 'virtually' pushing him up that fierce climb. But what does one say about Contador(Controversialdor), is he even human!! It looked like he was just toying with Scarponi and Nibali and letting Anton take the stage win. How will all the main protagonists do today ? will they recover in time to put in another gut wrenching performance ?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Go Deignan, go !!! ;)

Go Deignan, go !!! ;)

Yay nice to see him in the action at last

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Strong break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm a dope, watched that guy yesterday with the steak but only getting the reference now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Anyone know best place to follow on the net as I don't have Eurosport??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Inquitus wrote: »

English and all, thanks a lot.............:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Anyone know best place to follow on the net as I don't have Eurosport??

Just signed up for the eurosport player a week and a half ago. The best €5 I ever spent!! With bonus Tour of California coverage at night time!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The Marmolada is spectacular

Isn't it just - the gorge is savage looking. Lucky with the weather so far - tv pictures haven't been spoiled yet. Could be a bit fuzzy on the climb to the finish though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

Some of the Tifosi deserve a good slap... a can of mace in your jersey pocket would come in handy

Too right! Who was the rider who got disqualified for punching a spectator a few years back?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Watching Nibali descend is better than watching Contador go uphill.

It's truly a thing to behold.

guy with a syringe and cow horn helmet chasing contador lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pprendeville

great stage today. nibali's descending was reminiscent of Sean Kelly. pity he can't stay on Contador's wheel though. well done Euskadi Euskatel. Scarponi did well to claw back almost onto Contador's wheel also. it's over now though in terms of the winner.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it seems almost impossible when Contador hits the accelerator on the way up the climbs but then when Scarponi gets up to him at the end it reminds you he is actually human after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

happytramp wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems almost impossible when Contador hits the accelerator on the way up the climbs but then when Scarponi gets up to him at the end it reminds you he is actually human after all.

Well considering Scarponi is a drug cheat and has been linked with Ferrari since he came back, doesn't say much to be honest.

Sick watching them again today.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Well considering Scarponi is a drug cheat and has been linked with Ferrari since he came back, doesn't say much to be honest.

Yeah, probably. Trying not to think to hard about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

NickDrake wrote: »

Ah we all know you love a good doping scandal Nick! Sure you'd have nothing else to talk about if they were clean! ;)

Ah we all know you love a good doping scandal Nick! Sure you'd have nothing else to talk about if they were clean! ;)

Maybe I do but I just hate to see them still ruining this great sport. Nothing wrong in that is there?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can we stick to posting about today's stage. There have been plenty of threads covering doping issues

Thanks

Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    Can we stick to posting about today's stage. There have been plenty of threads covering doping issues

Thanks

Beasty

No bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

If it wasn't over before todays stage it is now. Con-steak-ador is untouchable!

Good to see Deignan put in a decent ride, finishing in 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

dope or not, there's no denying it, contador is arguably the greatest climber in history

his style is just so damn graceful, he looks effortless when out of the saddle attacking, its actually beautiful to watch,

everyone around him is grinding away, and as someone else said, looking human

while Contador is like just effortless,

i cant stand him, but he is one seriously talented rider

• Advertisement

dope or not, there's no denying it, contador is arguably the greatest climber in history

his style is just so damn graceful, he looks effortless when out of the saddle attacking, its actually beautiful to watch,

Drug cheat v Drug Cheat, Pantani > Contador any day of the week.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not ignore mod warnings - doping is off-topic for this thread (unless someone tests positive for this Stage;))

Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    Do not ignore mod warnings - doping is off-topic for this thread (unless someone tests positive for this Stage;))

Beasty

Doping is entirely relevant to this Giro as the winner may well be struck from the record books in a couple of weeks time, whilst I appreciate that we may wish to avoid doping derailing race threads, until Contador is either vindicated or banned is it not disingenuous to pretend otherwise? Anyways I shall say no more now in deference to your position.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Doping is entirely relevant to this Giro as the winner may well be struck from the record books in a couple of weeks time, whilst I appreciate that we may wish to avoid doping derailing race threads, until Contador is either vindicated or banned is it not disingenuous to pretend otherwise? Anyways I shall say no more now in deference to your position.

If you're so keen to discuss it use one of the numerous threads already out there, or the general race thread, not stage specific threads

If you have a problem with this, PM me or the other mods, do not respond in-thread

Thanks

Beasty

Shouldn't the OP have some say in what is considered "off-topic" it is his thread after all.

happytramp wrote: »
    Shouldn't the OP have some say in what is considered "off-topic" it is his thread after all.
    I will repeat - this is not the place to discuss moderator actions - you will see the last few posts have completely derailed the thread

Next offender will get an infraction

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Really enjoyed watching this stage, well worth staying indoors for, amazing climbing, phenomenal descending. Real winner for me was the scenery though, awesome....... totally awesome...... imagine living in The Dolomites, ski all Winter, cycle all Summer, Chianti all year, what's not to like..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Here's a pic of Contador being awesome today.

h_600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lumen wrote: »
    Here's a pic of Contador being awesome...
    I was impressed with the work from nueve to stay away. Great double for euskatel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Great racing today. Am surprised Philip Deignan has received so few plaudits for his overall gutsy performance and finish today. Also raging about the lack of TV coverage of the breakaway group in which he was involved with (watched from 14.30 to finish). I have no doubt that if it wasn't for him having to pace his team leader up Mount Etna he would be much further up the 'classement'

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

Great stage today. Contador was magnificent again today. Legend in the making. Hopefully he gos to the Tour and destroys the field their again.

• Advertisement

Talented??

dewindygap wrote: »
    Great racing today. Am surprised Philip Deignan has received so few plaudits for his overall gutsy performance and finish today. Also raging about the lack of TV coverage of the breakaway group in which he was involved with (watched from 14.30 to finish). I have no doubt that if it wasn't for him having to pace his team leader up Mount Etna he would be much further up the 'classement'

great ride from deignan, seems to be riding into some form, 14th great result. know some guys who were talking to him before the giro and he was really up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Epic stage.

Gutted that Nibali lost time - His descending was nothing short of stunning.

Great to see Deignan feature though he could have picked an easier stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Epic stage.

Gutted that Nibali lost time - His descending was nothing short of stunning.

Great to see Deignan feature though he could have picked an easier stage!

Philip Diegnan talks (briefly) about one of his toughest days immediately after yesterday stage.. here http://bcove.me/jalz8qgd

Advertisement