Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harvey normans order???

Options
  • 22-05-2011 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

i bought a tumble dryer in harvey norman weeks ago(tomorrow) at this stage and was told it would be delivered to the shop on the thursday and they would ring me when it came from their warehouse. im still waiting on this phone call days later ive tried ringing the shop and my boyfriend has been in to them on the matter twice but is just getting fobbed off im half thinking of calling to them later and tell them i want the money refunded its a lot of money back onto my card have i right to that as they have mislead me and we have approached them and been told itll be here the next day and the next day after that :rolleyes::mad:
    thanks in advance
    laura

PM received from a harvey norman representive and i should have one delivered tomorrow from another store amazing what a head office complaint can do when bought to their level so now im a happy customer :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i bought a tumble dryer in harvey norman 2weeks ago(tomorrow) at this stage and was told it would be delivered to the shop on the thursday and they would ring me when it came from their warehouse. im still waiting on this phone call 10days later ive tried ringing the shop and my boyfriend has been in to them on the matter twice but is just getting fobbed off im half thinking of calling to them later and tell them i want the money refunded(489e) its a lot of money back onto my card have i right to that as they have mislead me and we have approached them and been told itll be here the next day and the next day after that :rolleyes::mad:
    thanks in advance
    laura
    Get your money back as they are not producing the goods in a reasonable time! if they refuse to refund on the spot just get your bank/cc company to do a chargeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Jizzer28

me and the missus got beds there in carrickmines on finance and were told 4 weeks on the day, we said ok,

4 weeks later we had heard nothing so she rang up and was told that our double bed was on a ship somewhre in the atlantic that no-one had heard from in days, and our bunk beds hadnt even been shipped from manufacturer as they couldnt get throught to them, needless to say we were pretty pissed so i mailed them on their website that night to say how disappointed i was and that i was going to cancel our order if we didnt get some satisfaction,

the very next day we got a call to say both our beds would be delivered by courier the following day, which they were,
    give them hell and see if that moves them along, worked for us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You should not have to do all this especially after money has changed hands. Get your money back now or risk losing that option as you can only do a chargeback within a certain timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would suggest contacting them once more, saying that you are giving them X working delays to get the machine delivered, otherwise you will be asking for a refund as they have failed to deliver the goods as promised.

If that fails, and assuming that you paid by credit card, contact your card provider to initiate a chargeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we recently bought 2 beds with Harvey Norman and i will never be dealing with them again, we bought them on Saturday to be delivered on Monday, only to receive a phone call on Monday morning to inform us one of the beds was sold to someone else on the sunday who took it home there and then. So they could only deliver 1 bed and the 2 mattresses.

they then proceeded to tell us we would have to pay the delivery charge again to have this one missing bed delivered on Friday, i refused to pay the extortionate charge for one bed that wasn't delivered due to their mistake and we agreed i would collect it myself, they promised it would be in on Friday or Saturday. we went in on Saturday only to be told it wasn't even requested to be shipped to the store and i would have to drive to their warehouse across the city to pick it up or i could wait until Monday for delivery and pay again for the privilege. i had paid for this bed to be delivered a week previously!

OP i would suggest you hire/borrow a van and collect the item yourself, and i would suggest you go in early in the morning to the store and demand they get it to the store for you to collect it on the day you can get the van, doing it yourself seems to be the only way to get anything from this crowd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement