Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trail Running Racing Shoes

• 22-05-2011 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Any ideas where I can buy a good pair of trail running racing shoes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

johnnyb1 wrote: »
    Any ideas where I can buy a good pair of trail running racing shoes?
    You can try Amphibian King, Snow and Rock, The Great Outdoors etc. All carry a range of Inov8/Salomon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

What kind of trails are you going to be running on?
    If the ground is half way dry, you can get away with racing flats on a lot of them.

But this greatly depends on the route and type of trail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭johnnyb1

It would be the Wicklow way/leinster league routes,tried racing flats but when wet cant get much grip so would like a good lightweight trail racer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Picked up a pair of Inov-8 F-Lites in Amphibian King in Bray, they feel great around the house and weigh less than 8 GU Gels :). Will take them on a few spins this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeepBeep67 wrote:
    and weigh less than 8 GU Gels
    Will they provide as much cushioning as 8 GU gels though? How do you strap them to your feet? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Will they provide as much cushioning as 8 GU gels though? How do you strap them to your feet? :)

I've got 4 banana leaves and some vine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I've been using a pair of Saloman Ravenous for last year. Great show, lots of support and perfect for the wednesday races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Columbia :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Balance-MTE101GH-Green-Silver/dp/B003VYC1AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1303917653&sr=8-1

NB MT101. These are a great trail racer. Minimalist with reduced mountain running type lugs and light as a feather. Fit is a half size larger than usual. 8 normal + 8.5 MT101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭johnnyb1

Thanks guys I opted for the a pair of inov8 x talon 190s find them super light great grip maybe need a little cushioning in the heel but that doesnt bother me,a really really good shoe

• Advertisement
Advertisement