Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

• 22-05-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi i know this might sound disgusting but I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I just used the toilet to go for a wee. It felt like something came out of my vagina and when I looked down in the toilet there was what looked like a yellow jelly kind of lump of something at the bottom of the toilet. About the size of a marble. anyone know what this is? is it related to my pregnancy?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

sounds like the mucus plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was thinking it could be that. Should I go hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Agreed with Moonbeam, sounds like the mucus plug, or part thereof. Not in itself anything to worry about- sometimes part of it is expelled in the third trimester after strenuous activity or sex, and may re-build. It is worth mentioning next time you see your doc of midwife though, as it can be a sign of your body getting ready for birth earlier than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

yeah agree with others......mucus plug can come away a good bit before you actually go into labour. But keep an eye and mention it to your gp if worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well I said it to the midwife and she said she's happy enough that it's nothing to worry about. It happened again today and I kept leaking afterwards. Is this common for this to happen? Both times as suggested by a poster where after sex. Should we stay abstinent from sex?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No medical advice is allowed. If there are waters leaking I'd give the hospital a ring. They can test to see if it's amniotic fluid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement