Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westdoc

Options
  • 22-05-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hey,

Need to get the OH to a doctor today as he's not well, have'nt ever used Westdoc before, when you ring what happens then, as in do they direct you to a doctor thats on call, will they come to house or do we have to go to their surgery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I assume you'd have called by now anyway, but...
    Usually, you get through to a nurse who assesses you, takes your details, and then depending on condition you get told to come in or a doctor comes out.

That said, we made one very bad experience with an otherwise brilliant service - the doctor sad she couldn't come out to us (husband was very very sick), and iafter an awful lot of arguing on my part still insisted we make it out to Liosban - by the time hubby literally crawled through the door, the doc tuned around and said 'why didn't you say he was that sick, he is not fit to travel in his condition'...stupid cow.

Anyhoo...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Got all sorted, poor OH is very very poorily, if no improvement within 3 hours off to Casualty,
    It's great service, he was treated really well

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

Glad to hear you got sorted. Used their service 3 times in the last 2years for my 3yr old..and they have always been very good..especially nurses on the phone when dealing with infants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I thought that your own GP had to sign up to the service before you can use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

MargeS wrote: »
    I thought that your own GP had to sign up to the service before you can use it?

Don't think so, all I was asked was, did he have a medical card and name of his GP.
    It's a very good service if ever anyone is stuck and it's the same price of a GP, I thought it would be more expensive but nope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 galway23

Don't think so, all I was asked was, did he have a medical card and name of his GP.
    It's a very good service if ever anyone is stuck and it's the same price of a GP, I thought it would be more expensive but nope!

Your Doc defo has 2 be a member before they'll see you, maybe they might make an exception if a child is sick but when i rang i was told "no". there's another service that i think is called citydoc that most of the docs that aren't signed up to westdoc are in.

Advertisement