Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle, replant and die!

Options
  • 22-05-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

I replanted a lot of bamboo trees recently and they have all started to turn yellow and loose their leaves, the bamboo is still greenish in colour but is it too late to save them.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm no expert, but I think bamboo always go back a bit after transplanting. Then they come on again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I replanted a lot of bamboo trees recently and they have all started to turn yellow and loose their leaves, the bamboo is still greenish in colour but is it too late to save them.

Same thing happened to mine. I left them in peace for about a month - but no joy. I've cut them down hard and I'm waiting to see if there's any sign of life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

The old stems won't regenerate, you're looking for new shoots coming up from the ground. Don't let the roots dry out though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

No need to water them today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Cool, I'll leave them in so..

• Advertisement

Mine are throwing up shoots now. I was sure they were gonners.

Advertisement