Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tGC Summer Beers - Saturday June 25th - Lafayette

Comments

Screw You Hippies!
    Tuddle just put a load of photos on facebook from the last one.Judging by the pictures,I was drunker than I first suspected.

Noice.

i escaped all photos :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Screw You Hippies!
    bluewolf wrote: »

I did not.There are a couple of decent ones in it actually.

Well,when I say decent,I mean I dont think I look like a complete goon in them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I'll be turning up late, possibly already drunk. :cool:

Dear Diary... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Friday June 24th
    Will there be movement from Lafayette at any point? I may be dragged to Coppers it seems...

Screw You Hippies!
    I was thinking that we should have a just in case plan formulated should the need arise.

Doyles is just around the corner and a good night was had there the last night.

The problem with coppers is that with any kind of a crowd its a nightmare to find anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Coppers is too far away to be traipsing up to in heels from O'Connell bridge!

Just pointing it out for you Otis! :pac:

Shouldn't be a need for a back up plan. Shine your shoes and wear your slacks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Screw You Hippies!
    It would be a good idea to have some sort of plan. as some groups going in may have someone that isn't let in for whatever reason.

but what's that plan going to be? if there's people being turned away when there's already people inside, how's that going to work?

Friday June 24th
    It would be a good idea to have some sort of plan. as some groups going in may have someone that isn't let in for whatever reason.

but what's that plan going to be? if there's people being turned away when there's already people inside, how's that going to work?

We incapacitate the bouncers, dragging their bodies away into a nearby alley. Because we're from the internet and are hard as feckin' nails.

We then install Otis as "door mod".

Simples.

Screw You Hippies!
    Larianne wrote: »
    Coppers is too far away to be traipsing up to in heels from O'Connell bridge!

Just pointing it out for you Otis! :pac:

Shouldn't be a need for a back up plan. Shine your shoes and wear your slacks!

Im not worried bout me my dear,just saying if it turns out to be a damp squib in that place.At least where it is we will be pretty much within easy access of anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Screw You Hippies!

There is always this weekend luv :p

Though in fairness that aint even ALL the photos....there were quite a few more but they were pretty damn drunken towards the end of night ones and so I have been good and they shall never see the light of day :D
    Will there be movement from Lafayette at any point? I may be dragged to Coppers it seems...

Ooooh! Who is dragging ye to Coppers ye tramp :pac:
    I was thinking that we should have a just in case plan formulated should the need arise.

The problem with coppers is that with any kind of a crowd its a nightmare to find anyone.

Doyles is definitely the handy option....but I aint leaving Lafayettes until I gots all me cocktails....by then I may actually have to sneak away back to hostel and pass out :eek::o:D

As for Coppers if folks go there just make the smoking area the go to point if folks get lost/seperated.

Friday June 24th
    ToniTuddle wrote: »

Even in your posts all I read is nordy nordy nordy nordy nordy haigh...

Remind me to bring your bracelet thingy!

Screw You Hippies!
    Between you starting drinking early,cocktails and your game leg,I foresee carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday June 17th
    As for Coppers if folks go there just make the smoking area the go to point if folks get lost/seperated.

Coppers is 50% of my natural environment, I look forward to hassling people to go there :pac:

Donnybrook Fair is my other natural environment :P:pac:

Screw You Hippies!
    Even in your posts all I read is nordy nordy nordy nordy nordy haigh...

Remind me to bring your bracelet thingy!

Shuuuuddapayaface or I'll pop down the road to your work and shame ye HAIGH! :p

Oh crap yeah forgot about that, my bracelets are flippin scattered all over Ireland at this stage. Sure I even handed them out to Boardsies I can't remember the names off and their non-internet friends who looked very scared :pac:

One certain Mod taunts me with photos saying I'll never see them again :D
    What one do you have?
    Between you starting drinking early,cocktails and your game leg,I foresee carnage.

Actually my ankle is WELL on the mend thank ye very feicin kindly.:p
    Still bruised and sore to touch but able to walk about normally now. I'm putting off the whole getting it re-broke and pinned properly though.....sure whats another few months after all these years riiiight :D Also the fact I is scared :o

Yeah I think it's gonna be the 6 cocktails that will push me over the edge.......:eek:
    But then again sure I spend any night out running around going "taste this taste this!" so might not get drunk at all :p

PK- You a regular of Coppers eh eh? I'm not allowed back there....not because the bouncers say so but because I'll never hear the end of it from certain people....*cough* *shakes fist*

Screw You Hippies!
    ive never been to coppers and i dont intend to start :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday June18th
    PK- You a regular of Coppers eh eh? I'm not allowed back there....not because the bouncers say so but because I'll never hear the end of it from certain people....*cough* *shakes fist*

That reminds me of the time you went to a Noc beers and then ditched everyone because someone suggested Coppers....
    ive never been to coppers and i dont intend to start :pac:

Quiet, people will take this as a challenge! (I know I already have, and I'm pretty sure it's the kinda challenge Mags also likes to take up :D )

Screw You Hippies!
    Fewcifur wrote: »

Quiet, people will take this as a challenge! (I know I already have, and I'm pretty sure it's the kinda challenge Mags also likes to take up :D )

No, not joking around this time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Screw You Hippies!
    I may be delerious from lack of sleep, but I bought a Tuddles cocktail card (yeah I'm calling them that!)...noice!:cool:

Oh I seen this thing about Coppers...no...just NO! Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I thought the beauty of coppers was the fact no one can find you when you are in the corner with some randomer indulging in some shameful act?

So you are admitting you were only joking about not being willing to try tequila. You try the tequila then you will want to try some more, then you will think Coppers is a great idea, problem solved.

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    Maguined wrote: »
    So you are admitting you were only joking about not being willing to try tequila. You try the tequila then you will want to try some more, then you will think Coppers is a great idea, problem solved.

I never said I wasn't willing to try the tequila - I agreed to it already! :)

I never said I wasn't willing to try the tequila - I agreed to it already! :)

Phase 1 complete.

Time to commence phase 2...

Screw You Hippies!
    I may be delerious from lack of sleep, but I bought a Tuddles cocktail card (yeah I'm calling them that!)...noice!:cool:

Oh I seen this thing about Coppers...no...just NO! Never again!

It was the allan dude who notified me about the cocktails they are his idea, blame him he's new too.....!

I aint an alcoholic I swears!!!!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Coppers.

Ugh. I hate that place. I accidentally rubbed against a girl in the place when I was waiting to go to the ATM and she looked at me as if to say, "what the hell are you doing?" to which I stared back as if to say, "we're in Coppers. Isn't this the norm?"

:pac:

Friday June 24th
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Coppers.

Ugh. I hate that place. I accidentally rubbed against a girl in the place when I was waiting to go to the ATM and she looked at me as if to say, "what the hell are you doing?" to which I stared back as if to say, "we're in Coppers. Isn't this the norm?"

:pac:

So she stared at you, you stared at her, and no shift occurred?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday June18th

This will only make things worse. Promsies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Looks like i'll have to wear some sort of nice outfit for this right? Effort..

I've already handed in my man card when it comes to cocktails, Strawberry Daiquiris will be had a plenty!

Friday June 24th
    Important question: Does this place serve Guinness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So she stared at you, you stared at her, and no shift occurred?

I know mate. I figured she must be a foddiner and didn't know what the proper etiquette was. :pac:

Friday June 17th

Yeah it was the handiest place for college nights out. Drinks at one of our apartments and then head in there. Free in on a Tuesday with a student card. Happy days.

I've never really understood the comments it gets from a lot of people, it's no different to any other nightclub. Granted I can see who people might feel odd once they pass a certain age given most people are in their 20s there. But otherwise I've never seen a difference in it and any other nightclub. They are all loud, they are all packed, they all charge a fortune for certain drinks. May as well go to the one that your friends are going to!

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    They are all loud, they are all packed, they all charge a fortune for certain drinks.

And people wonder why I don't go out much...

Friday June 17th
    And people wonder why I don't go out much...

Well I wouldn't exactly be in nightclubs every week (I haven't actually been on a night out in a bar/club since the last beers!). I was joking earlier about Coppers being my natural environment. I just like to joke about that since it seems to annoy other people!

But I don't understand the hierarchy that exists about nightclubs. Any I have been in have been the same, it completely depends on who you bring with you. So whenever I do go to a club, I just go to wherever my friends are going. When I was in college, that meant going to Coppers every so often.

Screw You Hippies!

I don't see it on the menu of drinks but then again they didn't have the Long Islands listed on the menu and it's definitely there. Guinness is a given in any feicin pub in Ireland though! Dinny worry lad!

Also I'm never eating Doritos chilli heatwave crisps that late again...the nightmares were not fun :eek:

Oh!

The music on a Saturday night is described as "funk, deep house, soul and disco"........Groooovy Baaaaby :pac:

Plus a person popped in the last night and the staff are meant to be lovely and the Long Island Iced Teas are delicious.......I can see many being consumed :eek::D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Friday June 24th
    aha! It now appears I shall be attending :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

Friday June 10th

I too am not a cocktail connoisseur so they best have beers on tap :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. Was hoping I'd make it but will be up in Dublin for the next one hopefully.

Have a great night everyone.

Tequilaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :p

Screw You Hippies!
    Stheno wrote: »

Yaaaay!
    posy2010 wrote: »
    I too am not a cocktail connoisseur so they best have beers on tap :pac:

If there aint Guinness I will eat my frickin hat.
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. Was hoping I'd make it but will be up in Dublin for the next one hopefully.

Have a great night everyone.

Tequilaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :p

Boooooo!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Friday June 24th
    Yaaaay!

I know :D

No cocktails for me though, I'm allergic to vodka!

Screw You Hippies!

yayy!!:D

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    I know :D

No cocktails for me though, I'm allergic to vodka!

There's plenty without vodka :pac:

Friday June 24th
    There's plenty without vodka :pac:
    Such as? Apart from Margaritas?

Screw You Hippies!
    Such as? Apart from Margaritas?

Loads check out the list of them here! :D Plus we can ask the bardude to double check and make sure there definitely aint no vodka in whatever ye order :)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cafelafayette/foodmenus/menus/4/original/drinks.pdf?1304943206

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Screw You Hippies!
    Eek...I've got tomorrow to buy clothes that will get me past the door, but don't know if I can spare the time with the amount of work I've to catch up on. Halp :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

what's the deal with the attire?

Are you lot all gonna be suited and booted? Or is it usual Saturday night fare??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Screw You Hippies!
    gatecrash wrote: »

Are you lot all gonna be suited and booted? Or is it usual Saturday night fare??

Suited and...fancy shoed it seems.

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!

Think the dress code requires no trainers or sports wear etc.

I think Im going to wear a suit less the tie anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

So will there be a flashing neon sign directing us where to find ye people, or shall we just recognise people from stalking the picture threads?

.... I've said too much.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    So will there be a flashing neon sign directing us where to find ye people, or shall we just recognise people from stalking the picture threads?

.... I've said too much.

Stalking the picture thread works, last beers I sat down with some people and said "you look like you are from the internet", problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm not a regular in the forum but I wouldn't mind coming along if thats ok ??

I wouldn't be too keen on wearing a suit though :rolleyes:

Friday June 17th

Surely usual Saturday night attire=suits :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement