Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tGC Summer Beers - Saturday June 25th - Lafayette

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Screw You Hippies!
    Kehoes would feel a bit too much like I was having a pint after work personally...

Ditto Cafe Insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday June 17th
    Larianne wrote: »
    Cafe En Seine I don't like. It's pretty inside but the atmosphere is not.

If we booked it, that might be different though. We had a class party there once and it was grand.

The atmosphere wherever we go shouldn't bother us since we'll all be together anyway. It'll all be much of a muchness. I'm not really that pushed wherever we go, as long as we go somewhere!

Screw You Hippies!
    Pepe, The Odeon in so so far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:
    Don't be so lazy, I know you like your 15 inch heels but it's 5 minutes walk from the green!

(or 1 stop on the luas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If we booked it, that might be different though. We had a class party there once and it was grand.

The atmosphere wherever we go shouldn't bother us since we'll all be together anyway. It'll all be much of a muchness. I'm not really that pushed wherever we go, as long as we go somewhere!

Hmmmm... hmmmm...
    Don't be so lazy, I know you like your 15 inch heels but it's 5 minutes walk from the green!

(or 1 stop on the luas)

Oh, I hardly ever wear heels. That was that one time. I know you were put out that I was taller than you. I won't wear them to these beers okay! :p

Yeah, that's grand if you're coming from that part of town... :cool:

Haven't been to Harry's but it was packed last time I past it.

Friday June 17th

(or 1 stop on the luas)

I think it has to be central, which eliminates my original Bernand Shaw idea. Not everybody is from Dublin or living in Dublin (myself included), so keeping it central is better.

Screw You Hippies!
    Coming from the wild west (Blanch)...

Screw You Hippies!
    Haven't been to Harry's but it was packed last time I past it.

You can reserve tables theres some nice couch areas
    loads of tables reserved when i was there last

Screw You Hippies!
    I think it has to be central, which eliminates my original Bernand Shaw idea. Not everybody is from Dublin or living in Dublin (myself included), so keeping it central is better.
    Boourns.

I like the Clarendon myself. Nice decor, relaxed vibe, several bars, some nice beers (has Star, Hoegaarden and others as I recall), very central! Prices are grand iirc too.

Friday June 17th
    Larianne and Pepe should have a "Who is taller" contest and the winner decides where we go :pac:

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    Larianne and Pepe should have a "Who is taller" contest and the winner decides where we go :pac:
    Already been done. I won!

Already been done. I won!

Yes, he did.... not that I care.

We need more input from people in this thread. C'mon!! :pac:

Friday June 17th
    We need more input from people in this thread. C'mon!! :pac:

Also we need to work out if people are still keen on the dressing up idea. T'would influence decisions.

Also we need to work out if people are still keen on the dressing up idea. T'would influence decisions.

I'd say just leave it as Fancy of you Fancy or cazzy dress if you prefer. No?

Screw You Hippies!
    Depends on the venue.

Friday June 17th
    Depends on the venue.

Venue and attire are linked decisions. Chicken and the egg :pac: But like if some people are suiting up, that would eliminate certain venues.

Yeah Larianne, I think leaving the option to dress down is better.

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    If people want to get dolled up then traditional pubs are out imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Screw You Hippies!
    Venue and attire are linked decisions. Chicken and the egg :pac: But like if some people are suiting up, that would eliminate certain venues.

Yeah Larianne, I think leaving the option to dress down is better.

Plus you have to consider that not all will be able to dress up - so making it a prerequisite is probably just going to alienate and/or piss people off!

Friday June 17th
    Plus you have to consider that not all will be able to dress up - so making it a prerequisite is probably just going to alienate and/or piss people off!

Yep that was my original post about the dressing up idea. Not everybody has a suit or dress. Being an unemployed bum, I understand that mindset!

If people want to get dolled up then traditional pubs are out imo.

No no no! I've gone into Doyles all dressed up. Was sooooooo outta place but the lovely bar men produced stools out of nowhere so we could sit beside the bar. :D

Friday June 17th
    No no no! I've gone into Doyles all dressed up. Was sooooooo outta place but the lovely bar men produced stools out of nowhere so we could sit beside the bar. :D

Barmen in "being nice to pretty girls in dresses" shock :pac: Meanwhile men lose their stools....

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    Barmen in "being nice to pretty girls in dresses" shock :pac: Meanwhile men lose their stools....

Damn right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Screw You Hippies!
    Is there possibly a compromise, like somewhere you wouldn't feel a complete fool getting dressed up,but casual is definitely ok?

Well in fairness, we hadn't taken our lovely coats off!

Screw You Hippies!
    Is there possibly a compromise, like somewhere you wouldn't feel a complete fool getting dressed up,but casual is definitely ok?
    Places like the Clarendon, Sheebeen, Front Lounge etc are just that.
    Wear a suit in Tesco and get ushered straight to the front of the check-out queue!

Screw You Hippies!
    Wear a suit in Tesco and get ushered straight to the front of the check-out queue!

You do your own shopping? I have people to do that for me :rolleyes:

Friday June 17th
    Well in fairness, we hadn't taken our lovely coats off!

Lovely coats are men's secret fetish. "Would ya look at the size 10 Oasis on yer wan....:P"

Clarendon, Sheebeen, Front Lounge etc are my favourites at this stage. I'm a fan of The Front Lounge.

Screw You Hippies!
    Lovely coats are men's secret fetish. "Would ya look at the size 10 Oasis on yer wan....:P"

Clarendon, Sheebeen, Front Lounge etc are my favourites at this stage. I'm a fan of The Front Lounge.

Urgh I hate the front lounge

Screw You Hippies!

Front lounge sounds good!

Screw You Hippies!
    Isn't the Front Lounge a gay bar/gay friendly?

No problem with that of course - it's just that the odds of me meeting a lovely (hetero) lady in there are about 0.1%, whereas in a straight bar they could jump as high as 0.3%.

That's maths. You can't argue with maths.

No problem with that of course - it's just that the odds of me meeting a lovely (hetero) lady in there are about 0.1%, whereas in a straight bar they could jump as high as 0.3%.

Gay people have straight friends too yano! :p

• Advertisement

Screw You Hippies!
    I offered odds!

Screw You Hippies!

Yup Pepe, it is an unofficial gay bar.

Sorry guys, but I've had enough bad experiences in there over the years and if that is the venue of choice I shall bow out gracefully and retract my vote with regards attendance :D

I offered odds!

Me nolikey maths.

Friday June 17th
    Isn't the Front Lounge a gay bar/gay friendly

But aren't we overlooking that we'll be going there as a group? So whoever else is there doesn't really matter. Not that TFL being gay friendly is a bad thing anyway (not that you said it was either!). It's like how I tend not to like Doyles, but when it was full of all of us, it didn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Screw You Hippies!
    Some interesting suggestions there,most of which Ive never been in so have no thoughts either way.Dakota iirc wasnt bad and if we get in fairly early we should have no bother getting tables and what not.Plus its right bang in the middle of everything.

Only downside is that I wouldnt think their Guinness is up to much.
    >.<

trollface3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Friday June 24th
    Some interesting suggestions there,most of which Ive never been in so have no thoughts either way.Dakota iirc wasnt bad and if we get in fairly early we should have no bother getting tables and what not.Plus its right bang in the middle of everything.

Only downside is that I wouldnt think their Guinness is

trollface3.jpg

Too right it's a problem! I'll be hitting the black stuff for the night!

Screw You Hippies!
    Lol,I just ment was it a problem for the non stout drinkers!

Lol,I just ment was it a problem for the non stout drinkers!

Dakota is expensive and it gets packed.

Beautiful looking men though. :D

Screw You Hippies!

maybe we could pop in, grab a few and bring em with us :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Harbour Master? Cafe En Scene? I would like to not have to take out a friggin' loan in order to attend this session!

If we go there a tenner says you score. Lots of straight women go to gay bars. A straight man is on easy street.

Screw You Hippies!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Harbour Master? Cafe En Scene? I would like to not have to take out a friggin' loan in order to attend this session!

If we go there a tenner says you score. Lots of straight women go to gay bars. A straight man is on easy street.

What's wrong with the Harbour Master?

Mucho exspensé.

Screw You Hippies!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Mucho exspensé.

So are the rest of the pubs!

Screw You Hippies!
    I was in FL before with a former housemate and had a good night however it was pretty jammers.I dont mind jammers/fairly packed after a pub but spending the night in that atmosphere is tiresome.

Friday June 17th

Well that is Dakota ruled out then :pac:

Also before this the only Dakota's I knew were Fanning and the one in Minnesota!

• Advertisement

Friday June 17th
    I was in FL before with a former housemate and had a good night however it was pretty jammers.I dont mind jammers/fairly packed after a pub but spending the night in that atmosphere is tiresome.

Quiet pub then onto bar/club routine is always a win for me.

I've had fun whenever I've been to Dakota, but then again I'm one of those beautiful men :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Saturday June 4th
    4 pages today and ye cannot agree on a location :rolleyes:
    My suggestions are:

1. The Piano bar - my favourite place to go to; good music, nice atmosphere.... Might be too small for a gang.
    2. The workman club - name says it all
    3. Copan's in Rathmines - nice cocktails, good atmosphere, suits heterosexual's, metrosexual's, homosexual's and anything else one might fancy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Saturday June 25th
    MacTurcaills is mad cheap if you're a student, and still cheaper if you ain't or I can hook you all up with my platinum card.

The Czech Inn is nice.

The Shaw isn't very conducive to having a chat in nice surroundings.

I'll drink anything from anywhere though.

The Czech Inn is awesome and stays open 'til 4.
    Plus special value on pitchers of Staropramen and White Russians :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement