Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Health Map

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

LMAO
    Dublin-Green
    The rest of the country-Red

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The "green" Dublin bit is for the backhaul of the country, not the last mile access.

I will also point out that in South Korea, the last mile component is also yellow just like Ireland's. I found that particularly interesting as I'm not sure why it's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's all green at the moment.

The maps are probably not all that accurate anyway. I'm not sure where they're getting this data from.

http://www.gomez.com/internet-health-map

Iceland's last-mile is atrocious though if you click on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It gives two unexplained but still interesting numbers for last mile access in Ireland now, Baseline Availability of 80.21% and Average Availability of 77.33%. These values are lower than almost all of Western Europe but they're lower than the back-of-an-envelope figures I had from 3 years ago (IIRC) of about 83% DSL availability in RoI. I think lines "enabled" (remember that desperate misnomer), that is, connected to DSL exchanges is over 90% and lines that pass on enabled exchanges are at about 90 to 92% aswell. Putting the number above 81% at a minimum.

Advertisement