Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Cork Airport

Options
  • 22-05-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Just hearing from my sister that there has been some incident above in Cork airport. Some nutter ran out onto runway, stole a fire-engine and tried to crash it into a plane. Then he tried to steal one of those luggage thingies. Apparently about 10 gardai trying to catch him....think they had to stun-gun him or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

From twitter

"Guy steals Garda jeep outside BT in Cork, drives to Airport, attempts to ram into plane, taken out & tasered, wearing only jocks."

!" lunatic stole police jeep in city, drove to Cork airport, tried to ram planes, now on floor after being tasered and rammed by police"

"@johnpeavoy: Cork Airport. http://twitpic.com/514rs2"

304233122.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306082830&Signature=FfMlV%2BjTVZwH0Syr0oefw10YbTA%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

craziness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Psssh, i do this all the time In Grand Theft Auto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Madness!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0522/breaking27.html

rishtimes.com - Last Updated: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:36
    Man rams plane in stolen fire engine
    BARRY ROCHE Southern Correspondent

Gardaí in Cork have arrested an armed man who tried to ram an aeroplane in a stolen fire engine at Cork airport this afternoon.

The man, who is in his forties, had earlier attacked a garda in Cork city centre and slashed him in the face with a knife before stealing a Garda traffic jeep and driving to Cork airport where he rammed through the perimeter fence.

The man then stole an airport fire tender and rammed a number of vehicles before trying to ram a parked plane. It is not clear if the plane he attempted to ram was a commercial passenger jet.

A large number of garda, including armed members of the regional support unit, arrested the man at the airport under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act and also seized a 12 inch knife.

He is being questioned at Togher Garda station.

There are no reports of any shots being fired. The injured garda has been taken to hospital for treatment to his injuries which are not thought to be life-threatening.

he got that far, how did they stop him from ramming the plane?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

langdang wrote: »
    Madness!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0522/breaking27.html

rishtimes.com - Last Updated: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 17:36
    Man rams plane in stolen fire engine
    BARRY ROCHE Southern Correspondent

Gardaí in Cork have arrested an armed man who tried to ram an aeroplane in a stolen fire engine at Cork airport this afternoon.

The man, who is in his forties, had earlier attacked a garda in Cork city centre and slashed him in the face with a knife before stealing a Garda traffic jeep and driving to Cork airport where he rammed through the perimeter fence.

The man then stole an airport fire tender and rammed a number of vehicles before trying to ram a parked plane. It is not clear if the plane he attempted to ram was a commercial passenger jet.

A large number of garda, including armed members of the regional support unit, arrested the man at the airport under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act and also seized a 12 inch knife.

He is being questioned at Togher Garda station.

There are no reports of any shots being fired. The injured garda has been taken to hospital for treatment to his injuries which are not thought to be life-threatening.

Wish the Garda a speedy recovery to duty :). If ever their was a situation for the taser, here it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Al Quedas standards have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

http://twitpic.com/514rs2

Thought there was a lot of sirens blaring going up the hill earlier alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Serious nutter now locked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0522/cork.html

Audio is funny on the video...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yet another good reason not to visit Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Lapin wrote: »
    Yet another good reason not to visit Cork.
    Yup. That brings the total up to...one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's basically what I end up doing in GTA once the boredom kicks in. Hope the Garda wasn't hurt too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the security are so hung up over people bringing a tweezers with them in their hold all and this looper can leave a trail of destruction from the city up to the airport and break through onto the apron...unbelievable.

Hope none of the sane people were badly injured, as for the looper, tie him to the wing of that A320 and take off!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Can you imagine if he pulled that stunt on friday could have been the end of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Was stuck in traffic in patrick street today and saw a bmw 6 series stopped outside dunnes with a big dent and broken glass around,i assume it was part of the same incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

GTA 5 Cork city:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

I wonder how far he would have gotten last week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

He was disappointed about the lack of the rapture. So he brought his own world to an end.:) Was he a local?

Edit: I hope he was wearing clean jocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corkkitteh

ofcork wrote: »
    Was stuck in traffic in patrick street today and saw a bmw 6 series stopped outside dunnes with a big dent and broken glass around,i assume it was part of the same incident.

The guy jumped into the Garda jeep - A Toyota Landcruiser, and reversed into the 6 series. Made sh1te of it. The poor fella who owned it will have an strange insurance claim to fill out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Strange actually had passed the bmw earlier in patrick street he was heading towards grand parade and must have come back around,talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Very lucky that he collided with cars and not people. Scary stuff. Presumambly in about a years time we'll read about his supended sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Very lucky that he collided with cars and not people. Scary stuff. Presumambly in about a years time we'll read about his supended sentence.

I can't see him ever seeing the inside of a prison, surely he'll end up in a mental hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

So Neil will be reporting on a "incident" not involving him in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

dave1982 wrote: »

I heard something about a man in a state of undress, criminality and an Aer Lingus plane and I thought of Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

dave1982 wrote: »

Maybe he had taken some nurofen plus before he went on the rampage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Maybe he had taken some nurofen plus before he went on the rampage

Please please ring 96fm in the morning and say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭CharlesHaughey

Thank God he didn't bump into 50 Cent's private jet...

or else Fiddy woulda been out with the gats and shotties, and he woulda bin "poppin' them thangs". Word is born, son. And the man woulda been in his underpants and Fiddy be like "where's ya jeans" and the man would say "you goin' down Fiddy" and then Fiddy would lay the driver the ***k out with the gunfire.

And them i'd be at home watching it on the TV and going "PHOW!" and making other types of explosion noises, and then say "That mo' fo' got laid out, Fo' Sho'". *sips Hennessey*.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

It's basically what I end up doing in GTA once the boredom kicks in. Hope the Garda wasn't hurt too badly.

I was thinking the exact same thing!!

Advertisement