Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Cork Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    He was disappointed about the lack of the rapture. So he brought his own world to an end.:) Was he a local?

Edit: I hope he was wearing clean jocks!

from Waterford apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Clean jocks from Waterford, you say?

Not after the tazering.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where was the nutter from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

from waterford apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Its a bit premature really, Munster haven't lost the Magner's yet... Although he could probably see it coming!

Hope two two Gard's are okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

langdang wrote: »
    from waterford apparently
    The big city and a bit of moonshine has a strange effect on them country boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

cork45 wrote: »
    Please please ring 96fm in the morning and say that.

I would but I think they have my number blacklisted from the text messages I send in :)

CoalBucket wrote: »
    I would but I think they have my number blacklisted from the text messages I send in :)
    Join the club.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

I think all airport police staff who was responsible for security on the ramp and gate that day should be fired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

martiin wrote: »
    I think all airport police staff who was responsible for security on the ramp and gate that day should be fired

Why?

• Advertisement

Because that was security breach and airport police and gards didn't stop him only trying to chase him which was unsucessful until guy stop and jump out of that fire dept car. I think airport police has weapons so why they didn't use? For me Garda in Ireland is less effective then security company in Pennys shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

martiin wrote: »
    Because that was security breach and airport police and gards didn't stop him only trying to chase him which was unsucessful until guy stop and jump out of that fire dept car. I think airport police has weapons so why they didn't use? For me Garda in Ireland is less effective then security company in Pennys shop :)

If he was in a fire engine, about all that'd stop that would be a main battle tank and Ireland doesn't have any ;)

First there was the Fr Ted 'the money was only resting in my account' defence. Then we had the Prenderville 'it was the Neurofen wot done it' defence. Can't wait to hear what this guy's solicitor claims :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Max001 wrote: »
    First there was the Fr Ted 'the money was only resting in my account' defence. Then we had the Prenderville 'it was the Neurofen wot done it' defence. Can't wait to hear what this guy's solicitor claims :)

Panadol.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

Why didn't they ram him off the road or stop him with a forced stop before he got that far???

Max001 wrote: »
    If he was in a fire engine, about all that'd stop that would be a main battle tank and Ireland doesn't have any ;)
    That red jeep is a airport fire brigade car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

max 73 wrote: »
    Why didn't they ram him off the road or stop him with a forced stop before he got that far???

Most probably because of the grief of having to deal with the Garda ombudsman investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

We're really not prepared for anything out of the norm in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

We're really not prepared for anything out of the norm in Ireland.

You missed my post then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Youve got to admit though it is a bit flimsy.

We have wire fence blocking entrance at some points.
    You could throw rocks at the planes your that close.

castie wrote: »
    Youve got to admit though it is a bit flimsy.

We have wire fence blocking entrance at some points.
    You could throw rocks at the planes your that close.
    "Shur it'll be grand" ;)

Marcin, dunno what the police are like back home, but it's a very different system here. Most Gardai are armed with harsh language and a little extendable baton at best.
    Airport police are not armed at all as far as I know. There may be armed Garda detectives stationed there. 2 max probably.

Even the armed detectives would probably have to get written permission from a judge to shoot someone in Ireland. Because criminals "have rights" apparently, and we should all feel sorry for them because they didn't get enough hugs growing up or something.

• Advertisement

He's up in court today I think, Does anyone know anything else about him yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Major breach in security that you can simply drive onto the tarmac and go mad until someone shoots you.

Iv seen small side gates open making pedestrian access easy but actually being able to drive through the fence with ease and nobody able to stop him is shocking.

On a lighter note, who's a rebel now eh :P up the deise :P

Sully wrote: »
    On a lighter note, who's a rebel now eh :P up the deise :P
    He is, unfortunately. Dublin Hill, Cork originally apparently. Ye're welcome to him tho ;) . Altho he must have spent some time in waw-her-ferd to be attributed to there in the first reports. Maybe that's where it all went wrong for him? ;););)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0524/cork.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Sully wrote: »
    Major breach in security that you can simply drive onto the tarmac and go mad until someone shoots you.

Iv seen small side gates open making pedestrian access easy but actually being able to drive through the fence with ease and nobody able to stop him is shocking.

Just like EVERY other airport in the world..google car crashes through airport fence to find very similar incidents all over the world, including at least 2 in the USA.

There is the usual boards.ie undertone on this thread belittling Ireland and implying something like this could only happen in Ireland...what crap!

He is, unfortunately. Dublin Hill, Cork originally apparently. Ye're welcome to him tho ;) . Altho he must have spent some time in waw-her-ferd to be attributed to there in the first reports. Maybe that's where it all went wrong for him? ;););)

A sunsine kid so if he is from Dublin Hill.

I honestly thought he was after escaping from a mental hospital, judging by the article on RTE he's just a drug dealing scumbag.
    I hope the bast*rd never see's the light of day again.

cork45 wrote: »
    I honestly thought he was after escaping from a mental hospital, judging by the article on RTE he's just a drug dealing scumbag.
    I hope the bast*rd never see's the light of day again.
    Don't you know he will have come from a broken home and no one loved him and if he gets another one more chance he will change his ways?

Six months tops and he is walking the streets again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Show Time wrote: »
    Don't you know he will have come from a broken home and no one loved him and if he gets another one more chance he will change his ways?

12 years more like it..

Show Time wrote: »

I sincerely hope not, imo if someone assaults a garda they should be going down for a minimum of five years, and longer than that for the rest of the stuff he did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

According to my pal neil this morning there was already a bench warrant out for him because of a massive cannabis seizure.

And thats not him shaking from smoking too much cannabis in case anybody is asking.

Advertisement