Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Cork Airport

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

cork45 wrote: »
    He's up in court today I think, Does anyone know anything else about him yet?

I know him to see as he was a neighbour of a good friend of mine in rural Co Limerick, near the Cork border. They used to keep away from him cos he always seemed like a dodgy fella

The 'drugs charges' that were spoken about on the news were not minor either, he was charged with possession of over a million euro worth of cannabis and cocaine 2 years ago and was then released on bail a couple of months later:rolleyes:

Link here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1119/drugs1.html

My friend was fairly surprised to see him out of prison again I can tell you - he should never have been released after being found with that amount of drugs imo

*MODS- Not sure if it's ok to include link? Remove it if it's not......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

cork45 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope not, imo if someone assaults a garda they should be going down for a minimum of five years, and longer than that for the rest of the stuff he did.
    I won't disagree with that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where was the nutter from?

Originally from Waterford, previously living in Dublin Hill, and now of no fixed aboce
    martiin wrote: »
    I think all airport police staff who was responsible for security on the ramp and gate that day should be fired

Not a f**king hope!
    martiin wrote: »
    Because that was security breach and airport police and gards didn't stop him only trying to chase him which was unsucessful until guy stop and jump out of that fire dept car. I think airport police has weapons so why they didn't use? For me Garda in Ireland is less effective then security company in Pennys shop :)

Eh, no they don't have any weapons. The nutter was going for the fuel tank first, and twice ran under a plane before they got the tyres blown. He was then tazered when he got out of the airport vehicle. Videos don't show the full story. And it wasn't the gardai chasing him, it was airport police

Advertisement