Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My laptop will not recognize my mouse

• 22-05-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey, for some reason my mouse has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all of my USB ports but a bubble pops up saying windows can not recognize the device. Anyone know how I might fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

If you can, try it on another PC, to make sure the mouse isn't faulty.

If the mouse is ok, it could be a driver issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

T0mmyM wrote: »
    If you can, try it on another PC, to make sure the mouse isn't faulty.

If the mouse is ok, it could be a driver issue.

Thanks yeah I think its a driver that needs to be updated. I tried this so called free driver scan software but it requested that I pay a subscrition to download the missing driver. You know of any other free ways I can down load the required driver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Manufacturer's website will have drivers to download. A mouse should work though with a basic driver. Remove that driver scanner - they are a croc tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If its a HP laptop reinstall the bios. In fact reinstall the bios regardless, base HID drivers rarely malfunction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

As already said a mouse driver going funny almost never happens, I would imagine the mouse itself is at fault. Did you try the suggestion of using it in another computer?

Pound to a penny its banjaxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭sdanseo

No jackas-ness intended, is it wireless, if so is it charged? Sorry not implying youre a loony but I work in a phone shop and so many people will have me halfway through booking their phones in to be repaired for not turning on and when i double check, turns out they just haven't charged the things!

Open up windows update, sometimes it finds automatic updates for peripherals. Most likely you'll be in PCW tomorrow for a new mouse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Thanks, I think it is the mouse thats broke. When i plug it in the red light come on though underneath it. Sometimes it even work for a few seconds but then it goes.

Advertisement