Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift Site - Deeds

Options
  • 22-05-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

My wife's father has gave her the site we are building on as a gift and is in the process of getting the title deeds of the site in our name. Do we need this to go through before we drawdown on the mortgage. Our mortgage is approved but our solicitor said we need the name changed first. I am just worried incase this delays the project too much. ANy advise?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Quick answer is yes, you will need to have title to the site or at the least have your solicitor confirm in writing to the lenders solicitors that all legal documents are in order. You should talk to your solicitor about this as they will be actively involved in your mortgage draw-downs

Not really our department so I'll move this over to the good people in the Accommodation & Property forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cavanmann

Thanks Muffler and thanks for putting me to the right forum!

Cheers

Advertisement