Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 405 CX - Uploaded workouts won't show up

Options
  • 22-05-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I use my 405CX for a while.

Today I decide to try interval workouts for the first time.
    When I came back home, the watch transferred the data, and I saw : transfer complete'. Garmin ANT agent 2.1.7 (Mac) confirms: last transfer Today, successful.

However, when I go to connect.garmin.com, I see my sessions from Friday.
    I can see my workout on the watch in the History menu.

What can I do? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Hi,

I use my 405CX for a while.

Today I decide to try interval workouts for the first time.
    When I came back home, the watch transferred the data, and I saw : transfer complete'. Garmin ANT agent 2.1.7 (Mac) confirms: last transfer Today, successful.

However, when I go to connect.garmin.com, I see my sessions from Friday.
    I can see my workout on the watch in the History menu.

What can I do? :confused:

Thanks
    Connect the watch, then on connect.garmin.com click the 'Upload' button there and it should upload.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Connect the watch, then on connect.garmin.com click the 'Upload' button there and it should upload.

Sometimes it downloads to the PC but does not do the automagic upload online unless you give it a push with the "Upload" button online. Never really figured out why or when it does this to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

This is driving me crazy.
    Upload button give me a message: no new activities.

When I navigate to /Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/History..
    the last activities I see are dated Friday 20 May

Now, on my watch, if I go to Menu > Activity > History
    I see Today's activity.

I use my watch for over 2 years now, and everything was fine.

I've downloaded the new Garmin ANT software..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I can't remember if it's called the same on the 405's, but there should be an option on the watch somewhere to "transfer all". At least that is what it's called on my 310.

It is definitely on there somewhere though, and that will force the watch to sync all the workouts with the PC so you should then get the missing one copied across.

Edit: It's under the "History" menu on the 310 so try having a look at the options there.

Thanks Robin:

I tried it:

It is uploading: activities, laps and tracks in that order

activities are uploaded
    laps are uploaded

then arriving at 100% of tracks it goes: lost connection to the device.

I ve done that 3 times.

robinph wrote: »
    I can't remember if it's called the same on the 405's, but there should be an option on the watch somewhere to "transfer all". At least that is what it's called on my 310.

It is definitely on there somewhere though, and that will force the watch to sync all the workouts with the PC so you should then get the missing one copied across.

Edit: It's under the "History" menu on the 310 so try having a look at the options there.

• Advertisement

KRUSTY

The Garmin "tech support" will be along shortly...well maybe tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks Robin:
    I tried it:
    It is uploading: activities, laps and tracks in that order
    activities are uploaded
    laps are uploaded
    then arriving at 100% of tracks it goes: lost connection to the device.
    I ve done that 3 times.
    Right, so a recap:
    You can see the activity on your watch, including all details
    The activity is not uploaded to your PC/MAC, even when you do a Force Send ([Settings], [ANT+], [Computer],[Force Send]) ?

Suggestions:
    1) Are you sure the activity has been terminated/finished? Go to [Training] and click on [Stop]. If necessary, hold the [Lap/Reset] button for 5 seconds to force creation of a second activity. Try and Upload/Force send again.

2) If the above doesn't work, try doing a soft reset on the watch (hold down the two hard buttons for around 7 seconds). Then try an upload again.

3) If the above two suggestions don't work, it sounds like your activity is corrupted, and will prevent you from uploading further activities. Best thing to do is to just delete the activity.

Thank you both for the help :)

The workout is now showing up on Garmin Connect.

In case it can help someone, here is the story:
    As I explained, yesterday I tried a 'force send' and everytime I was reaching 100%, I got a message Garmin ANT: connection to device lost'

Today, I created a dummy activity (just pressed start and stop)
    A data transfer between the watch and the computer started and took a long time but it worked. It is like it unlocked something.

It does not make a lot of sense to me but at least it is there.

Thanks again!

Right, so a recap:
    You can see the activity on your watch, including all details
    The activity is not uploaded to your PC/MAC, even when you do a Force Send ([Settings], [ANT+], [Computer],[Force Send]) ?

Suggestions:
    1) Are you sure the activity has been terminated/finished? Go to [Training] and click on [Stop]. If necessary, hold the [Lap/Reset] button for 5 seconds to force creation of a second activity. Try and Upload/Force send again.

2) If the above doesn't work, try doing a soft reset on the watch (hold down the two hard buttons for around 7 seconds). Then try an upload again.

3) If the above two suggestions don't work, it sounds like your activity is corrupted, and will prevent you from uploading further activities. Best thing to do is to just delete the activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Today, I created a dummy activity (just pressed start and stop)
    Sounds like an unterminated activity. Next time, try holding the lap/reset button to force a new activity.

Advertisement