Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would i be eligible for any grant or tax relief ?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been living abroad working full time for the last 4 years. I'm moving back to Ireland in July and have been accepted into 3rd year of the TCD Information Systems course (evening, part time for 2 years.). The fees are about 6500 per year which is pretty steep.

Would i be eligible for any grant if i start working full time when i return ? I have not paid any tax or claimed any benefits in Ireland whilst living abroad. I'm 31, single and an IT professional.

Im checking all the Student Finance website now but it's hard to find exactly what i'm looking for.

Thanks for any info.

(I already have a national certificate from Griffith College and a post grad diploma from a smaller college)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You won't be able to apply for a grant. One of the requirements is to have been living in Ireland 3 out of the past 5 years.

You should however, be able to claim tax back on your tuition fees. Although I'm not 100% certain on the tax situation if you have been abroad, someone else may be able to be a bit more clearer on this. Although here is direct link to it on studentfinances.ie

Advertisement