Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South O' Hanlon AC 5km 6/7/2011

• 22-05-2011 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 8 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    87%
    louthandproudMrPineapplemeathcountysecRathbeau7mileronnie085sonkal 7 votes
    3 stars (average)
    12%
    Tec Diver 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

South O'Hanlon AC are hosting the 24th annual 5KM race with headquarters in Seneschalstown GFC. Directions and pre-entry details can be found on the club website. If anyone has any further queries just post them here or PM me.

Last years thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66519682

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

4 stars (good)
    Race route from last year:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/35133248

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

In terms of the route, how does this compare to the Bohermeen 5K? Would this be a faster or slower course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

4 stars (good)
    In terms of the route, how does this compare to the Bohermeen 5K? Would this be a faster or slower course?

Definitely slower. See the elevation profile in my last post. A long drag of 1 mile from 0.7 to 1.7 miles. Fast downhill after that.

Next race up in the Meath Road Race Series is the 24th running of South O'Hanlon AC's 5km race taking place on the outskirts of Navan at Seneschalstown GFC grounds. We are urging people to pre register on our website www.southohanlon.com to avoid delays on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 sonkal

4 stars (good)
    I defo hope to do this, did it last year and it was very enjoyable. Hope to see you Wed ;)

Good Stuff Sonkal, hopefully we'll get a dry evening. With over 100 pre entered we're hoping for a big crowd whether its wet or dry. Results will be posted on here tomorrow night.

4 stars (good)
    Great, I'll register on the day... Hopefully it won't be too windy:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

4 stars (good)
    Cant fault a thing about this race, €12,chip timing, t-shirt. Registration took a matter of seconds, start well organised, probably not a pb course with a drag of nearly a mile but what goes up must come down, dont know if the roads were closed but didn't meet any cars at all.Tea, sambos, cake at the finish, deserves a perfect 5

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrPineapple

4 stars (good)
    Can't say it was perfect evening for running and a little disappointed with time but can't disgree with you on the race organisation. Add to your list really good changing facilities and warm showers! If we see speedy results then a perfect 5 as you said.

• Advertisement

We want that 5 out of 5 from you Mr. Pineapple so i have attached the overall and catagory results!!! As far as i can see there are a few omissions but i'll sort that out tomorrow. Everyone at the club delighted with the huge turn out, hope everyone enjoyed their night, was damp to say the least and not a course for the pb but overall a very successful evening. All feedback welcome to improve for next year.

Matt

4 stars (good)
    Excellent :D .. same day results for an 8 o'clock run ..hugely impressive !! Pet hate of mine slow results .. still waiting on results from a race two months ago!

Thanks again for all that great organisation .. product of a lot of effort I'm sure!

I'll be back ..

Your very welcome MrPineapple, its also a pet hate of mine waiting on results. Glad you had a good evening, a lot of planning went into it but it makes it all worth while to see it go off so smoothly. Spread the word and see you next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Boyler1971

Well done on providing a great example on how a race should be organised.Low entry , good course , goody bag and t shirt , loads of food and prizes for every category imaginable.Like all the races in the Meath series this race is organised by competitive runners and it shows.(and I'm a Dub!!).Jaysus , the results are even up already.Well done again.

Glad we kept our Dub neighbours happy!!! There are some photos now on Peter and Rory Mooney's Flickr account. A big thanks to them for letting us use them. There is a link on www.southohanlon.com to their page.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

have to agree with almost all that has been said.
    A PROPER road race in every respect!
    I dont know where the warm Showers were but, if 'Mr pineapple' is ACTUALLY a MRS, then fair enough, 'cause the mens showers were freezing!!
    But that will harden us all up i suppose! A certain meath footballer who 'threw the ball' over the line against louth last year, calls this (senchalstown) his home club and all is forgiven FOR NOW as we were very well looked after, post race.
    Very content with my run as i had a complete meltdown in the Achill half last saturday and glad i came out of that experience, without losing any of my 5k speed, altough i did battle hard tonight.
    well done on the fast results, i did check the club website there and it would not let me view them but, i could view races from previous years!? will try the results you have attached now.

4 stars (good)
    Great race as usuall, pity about the rain, but sure once we got going hardly noticed. Found it tough though, not as fit as last year which was reflected in my time:eek:. Great value race. Like the others love the fact the results are up so fast, brilliant 5 stars from me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Rathbeau

4 stars (good)
    Really enjoyed the race last night with a great turn out despite the inclement conditions. fair play to south o Hanlon on providing a very professional effort.

found a link to some more pictures taken on the night from Beauparc station.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dphotoie/sets/72157627010066943/

had a look at the results and they seem to be omitting non club running times? :(

4 stars (good)
    marchino wrote: »
    have to agree with almost all that has been said.
    A PROPER road race in every respect!
    I dont know where the warm Showers were but, if 'Mr pineapple' is ACTUALLY a MRS, then fair enough, 'cause the mens showers were freezing!!
    But that will harden us all up i suppose! A certain meath footballer who 'threw the ball' over the line against louth last year, calls this (senchalstown) his home club and all is forgiven FOR NOW as we were very well looked after, post race.
    Very content with my run as i had a complete meltdown in the Achill half last saturday and glad i came out of that experience, without losing any of my 5k speed, altough i did battle hard tonight.
    well done on the fast results, i did check the club website there and it would not let me view them but, i could view races from previous years!? will try the results you have attached now.
    Pretty sure I am a bloke ! I ran from finish line straight to the showers (as not a day for hanging around) and obviously used up all the hot water .. If only you'd finished earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Rathbeau wrote: »

had a look at the results and they seem to be omitting non club running times? :(

...I was wondering why I wasn't showing...thought my chip was a dud or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Rathbeau

4 stars (good)
    Really enjoyed the race last night with a great turn out despite the inclement conditions. fair play to south o Hanlon on providing a very professional effort.

found a link to some more pictures taken on the night from Beauparc station.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dphotoie/sets/72157627010066943/

heres a link to the full results :)http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/view/id/162

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭7mile

4 stars (good)
    heres a link to the full results :)http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/view/id/162

Well done to all involved for providing a very well organised race. I've done a good few races in Meath this year and found them all first class. Very impressed with the speed of the results for an 8 o'clock start. Pity about the weather but you can't have everything. Well done again.

Thanks to all for the great feedback from last night. Not even the rain could stop it being a sucessful evening. I have attached the full ammended results, sorry about the delay. Nothing was wrong with the chip timing, it was down to human error, non club members times being filtered out from the listings. But all is sorted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

Well done to all at SOH on a great race. Next up in the Meath Running League is the St Brigids AC race in Oldcastle.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206373612732906

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Tec Diver

3 stars (average)
    Great 5k, really enjoyed it. The elevation on mapmyrun seems more than it was, but maybe I'm still comparing everything to Connamarathon :rolleyes:
    I missed out on a goody bag and t-shirt, are those being sent out? I was told they ran out due to unexpected numbers on the day.
    Thanks,
    Eoin

Hi Eoin,
    We had a much bigger turnout than expected so we ran out of goody bags and t-shirts on the night. I'll PM you about it.

Matt

Advertisement