Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could go back 5 years...

Options
  • 22-05-2011 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

and give yourself some future advice, what would it be? Mine would be to have studied a different (i.e. that offers employment today) area in college.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Dont buy a house til 2012!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

Break up with him NOW!!! He's an ass who'll make you miserable! Save yourself the pain!

Pity I can't go back and do that for real! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Don't take out that loan - forget about the credit cards, its not free money after all!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I'd slip "Past Me" a copy of Grays Sports Almanac!
    Hold on, that only gave results up until 2000, cancel that.

I'd warn myself about the perils of hair extensions and the fact that after 2 months of beautiful locks id be left with a cleverly disguised missing clump of hair at the back of my head.

Everything else i'd keep the same in fear it would change the natural progression of my life, which isn't so bad considering I had a bald patch for approx 7 weeks in 2009! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

sok2005 wrote: »
    I'd slip "Past Me" a copy of Grays Sports Almanac!
    Hold on, that only gave results up until 2000, cancel that.

I'd warn myself about the perils of hair extensions and the fact that after 2 months of beautiful locks id be left with a cleverly disguised missing clump of hair at the back of my head.

Everything else i'd keep the same in fear it would change the natural progression of my life, which isn't so bad considering I had a bald patch for approx 7 weeks in 2009! :D

Guy or girl?! Not that there's anything wrong with a guy getting hair extensions...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stay in college and get yourself a degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

My predicament started 7 years ago. My advice would be to save, as this depression was going to be fatal ~ I thought it was going to be a recession and I've had inside info, just as well I did not pay for it ~ I've an eviction notice in my hand as I write, what little savings gone, €150,000 'estate' [death assurance] policy ~ gone.

I'm facing being made homeless and jailed for non-payment ~ never thought it would get this deep ~ with the adjustments in costs vs prices, I can't even swim fast enough to stay with the current, I'd need to raise my prices ten fold and work 36 hours a day, and I'm 55 ~ so I've missed the boat, third time going under in my lifetime, I'd like to thank Aldi for cheap beer, it's my last straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Sorry to hear that gbee. Sounds horrific.

I'd get the numbers for the hundred and something Euromillions jackpot back in 2005 and me and that lady in Limerick would split it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Complete your damn driving lessons and buy a car!!!! oh and stop buying stupid things.

gbee wrote: »
    My predicament started 7 years ago. My advice would be to save, as this depression was going to be fatal ~ I thought it was going to be a recession and I've had inside info, just as well I did not pay for it ~ I've an eviction notice in my hand as I write, what little savings gone, €150,000 'estate' [death assurance] policy ~ gone.

I'm facing being made homeless and jailed for non-payment ~ never thought it would get this deep ~ with the adjustments in costs vs prices, I can't even swim fast enough to stay with the current, I'd need to raise my prices ten fold and work 36 hours a day, and I'm 55 ~ so I've missed the boat, third time going under in my lifetime, I'd like to thank Aldi for cheap beer, it's my last straw.

Hang in there man, have you tried MABS? Negotiating with your bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Gbee, thats a sad situation. I hope things turn around for you.

Money and wealth is fleeting and its not that important regarding the quality of your life. Keep your family and friends close, keep your sense of humour and keep your head up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

"You are feeling low now but the next five years will be the best of your life."

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

The results of as many sporting events as I can remember :)

Other than that I'd tell myself to do what I enjoy, not what "makes more sense" or is easier at the time, mostly that refers to educational choices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd tell myself to sell everything and invest in gold and oil.

"Invest heavily in Irish bank shares, AIB and BOI in particular."

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

gbee wrote: »

please hang on in there. contact the banks every 2nd day to make them listen and be aware of your situation. stay in daily contact with family and friends that actually matter.

Advertisement