Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used the Enermax Revolution85+ PSUs?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭

Title says it all.

Wondering how quiet one of these actually is. They're supposedly the quietest PSUs around (excluding of course the 4-600W ones), with Antec HCP coming in second.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Serephucus wrote: »
    Title says it all.

Wondering how quiet one of these actually is. They're supposedly the quietest PSUs around (excluding of course the 4-600W ones), with Antec HCP coming in second.

Thanks in advance.

Ya I have the 850w and can confirm this. Very quiet psu. Although they are expensive and for that price I would have liked them to be fully modular. Everyone raves about the 1250w as being the best around.

Your question actually reminded me of an add from a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I saw that. Damn thing was withdrawn a few days before I decided to change my PSU.

I've been thinking about changing it for a while, and about this one, but sadly I haven't had the money. Hoping to get this over the Summer.

You think there is any chance you getting that other PSU you have put a bid on :rolleyes:

LOL, naw, not particularly. :P

LOL, naw, not particularly. :P

Personally I would be leaning towards the corsair if going to buy it new. Its a fair bit cheaper and fully modular (big selling point for me as you might guess) and there is very little between them going by any reviews I have read.

The other thing is that if you are using a 1250w psu the chances are there is going to be much noisier components in your case :)

• Advertisement

I'm going purely by noise here. I'm looking for the quietest PSU, that delivers clean power. The Revolution, being almost 94% efficient at certain levels, would run very cool, and be very quiet.

And you're right, usually I would have noiser components, except that by next month I'll be running 12x120mm worth of radiator, virtually passively, so my PSU and hard drives are the noisiest thing in my computer at the moment.

And you're right, usually I would have noiser components, except that by next month I'll be running 12x120mm worth of radiator, virtually passively, so my PSU and hard drives are the noisiest thing in my computer at the moment.

I see where your coming from so.

And btw looking forward to seeing that when its done!

Yeah. I'm trying to get my computer to the point where I'm not quite sure if I've turned it on or not. It's almost there. Hopefully with this last radiator and a PSU upgrade, it'll finally be where I want it.

And of course. I'll throw a few pics up when I get it going. :)

Advertisement