Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban form health and fitness

Options
  • 22-05-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi Guys (Dav)

I make no excuses about what i wrote and i would ask that the material be reviewed on the following grounds and that 1 other person in particular be banned and my profile be reinstated on the following grounds:

Note: I do not have the name of the individual concerned as I do not have the original emails and no longer have access to the thread.

1. The person in question did not even read the original post that was posted and instigated an argument based on his incorrect understanding of a very straight forward post
    2. Called my into question my post based on flight of fantasy and not having the facts to hand.
    3. He was the first to use inappropriate language on the thread, and used syntax to cover it.
    3. Called me into question and told me i was incorrect, where it is known as a well known fact, only proven by the last post that is on the thread - that i now cannot reply to, as much as I would like to due to the ban imposed on me.

Please take a look back on on this thread and please let me know if there is a method that i can have idiotic comments such as that was made by 2 different individuals on the post removed, or is there a method that i can have them removed/ banned form the room / thread.

I would very much like to reply to the post, the last one made, that gives me the answer to the conversation that i was looking to have (The common scene one, that is open to conversation) and what drew me to your site.

Kind regards,

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Health&Fitness is Rec, not Sports, could the prefix be changed so the Rec CMods pick this up please.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

Hi sorry about that!! Will repost. Let me know if i get it wrong again please.

Changed it!! think i got it right. let me know if its wrong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'll take this on, as the mod who banned you is also a Cmod for the Rec category.

First off, I see you are new ... so welcome to Boards.ie :)

With respect to your DRP thread here, there are some things we can talk about, and some that we will not be talking about. You cannot request that other posters are banned, or their posts edited, that just won't be entertained ... this is about your posts, and your ban.

I've read all six of your posts in Health & Fitness. The first post was polite enough, the second post was a bit smart IMO, and it went downhill from there.

The poster who responded to your links is entitled to challenge them ... in fairness to you, it was perhaps not the most polite challenge.

I'm not sure how long you've lurked on Boards, but you may have heard the phrase "attack the post, not the poster".

The salient point here is the other poster attacked the post, you attacked the poster.

I'm not going to debate the science/pseudo-science aspects of the thread ... that's not the purpose of the DRP, all I'm interested in is the reasons for your ban, and your arguments against the ban.

From what I can see, your posts in Health & Fitness fall quite short of the forum norms, as expressed in the charter, and you directly abused another poster.

A week long ban is strict, I'll grant you that, but it is quite consistent, supported by the forum charter and normal activity. There are very few forums on Boards where you can call another poster a "close minded gobsh1te" without incurring a ban.

If you believe the ban is unfair, I'm happy to hear your argument.

Trout,

Thanks for at least trying to talk to me about this, but a judge jury and hang man has already made judgement against me and taken the thread down and banned me for 7 days. The person concerned was not very helpful, would not listen to what i had to say and landed 100% of the blame on me - very unfair and untrue.

I would also like to thank you for at least contacting me and looking at what is going on and understanding both sides of the story, which as you can see there is very much so!

You are correct in what you have said, it all went down hill after the first post as i thought i was about to have a sense able conversation with someone and instead i got the unbelievable barrage that i got.

Thanks again, I'm going to let this go. Your counterpart has made their decision and i wont ask anyone else to step in on it.

Thanks again,

Sean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement