Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Whelan's, Wed 25th May

Options
  • 22-05-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Not really sure what to expect from this gig (other than seeing sod-all, because it's in bloody Whelan's).

Anyone going? Anyone seen them before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've seen them before. Thought they were solid and enjoyable but not spectacular.

Having said that though I'm not a huge fan - really only like their Source Tags album myself.

If you get in early Whelan's is a great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Holy mother of pearl that was a gig and a half :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Really? I thought it was good, but not amazing. The crowd was really quiet too. I think that's why no instruments were broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Fidelis wrote: »
    Really? I thought it was good, but not amazing. The crowd was really quiet too. I think that's why no instruments were broken.

They havent broken instruments on stage in years. Maybe they realised how expensive it is. I dunno how anyone couldve thought the gig was anything less than amazing tho, esp given that they played alot of classic stuff and even richter scale madness and fake fake eyes from the first album.
    I thought the crowd were pretty good too, hell there was even a bit of a mosh pit up the front

Advertisement