Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia C3/eating up credit

Options
  • 22-05-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Have a Nokia C3 on Vodafone Pay as you go. How do I get it to stop eating my credit even when its just sitting on my table doing nothing. I got on to VF customer service 3 times. The first guy told me I was accidently connecting to the web by VF live instead of my wi-fi at home. He removed VF live from my phone but this left me unable to log on through my wi-fi to Facebook . It kept coming up connection error. I went back to where I bought the phone and they told me VF live has to be on the phone or I cant connect to wi-fi. They put it back on and I am back to the same problem. They told me to take my phone number off my facebook account as my phone keeps checking for updates and this is what is happening. I dont have my phone number on facebook. I am totally confused . Nobody seems to have a clue and where I bought the phone has no interest in helping. They lay all the blame with Vf. Can anyone help. I did notice on my phone that a G comes into the left hand corner at times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dora wrote: »
    Have a Nokia C3 on Vodafone Pay as you go. How do I get it to stop eating my credit even when its just sitting on my table doing nothing. I got on to VF customer service 3 times. The first guy told me I was accidently connecting to the web by VF live instead of my wi-fi at home. He removed VF live from my phone but this left me unable to log on through my wi-fi to Facebook . It kept coming up connection error. I went back to where I bought the phone and they told me VF live has to be on the phone or I cant connect to wi-fi. They put it back on and I am back to the same problem. They told me to take my phone number off my facebook account as my phone keeps checking for updates and this is what is happening. I dont have my phone number on facebook. I am totally confused . Nobody seems to have a clue and where I bought the phone has no interest in helping. They lay all the blame with Vf. Can anyone help. I did notice on my phone that a G comes into the left hand corner at times.

Their is so much wrong information there, I dont know where to start. You were dealing with some very poor VF people.

You dont need 'live' active on your account to access the internet if you have wifi.
    You dont need to disable 'live' to hold on to your credit, just set the handset up correctly to connect to wifi when present.
    The 'G' mean's you were connected to VF live and using your credit. The wlan symbol is similar to a christmas tree and is in the top right corner when active.

If you go to the connectivity settings and select 'always ask', when the phone is trying to connect it will prompt you to choose the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

had the same problem and when i got on to vodafone they told me the phone automatically connects to vf live to update apps even though i had the settings set to always ask. so i disabled vf live and use the wifi

• Advertisement
Advertisement