Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sony vaio problem

• 22-05-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

hi,

does anybody know where i can get a replacement battery for my sony vaoi xl100?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Saggitarius

Is this a desktop PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

hi ,

no it is a media centre

Can you make a photo about battery or last write down what do you see on them?

i dont understand what you mean ?

superbad50 wrote: »
    hi ,

no it is a media centre

I know already, is this right? http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/workstations/83662/sony-vaio-vgx-xl100/specifications

• Advertisement

yes that is the correct system. my battery , (inside of it crashed)

i dont understand what you mean ?

Batteries in most cases have some caption about type or voltage level.

like on this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg

yes i understand . i am having great difficulty trying to find a supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Actually the battery is most likely to be a simple 5v watch battery. if you take out the battery from the socket and take it to a jeweller or similar they should be able to match it up :)

yes i understand . i am having great difficulty trying to find a supplier

If I know what kind of battery you looking for, then I can help you only. Might be a photo also can be handy.

• Advertisement

yes it is a tiny battery. oh really - yes i will give that a try . was under the impression it had to be specific to the machine

tnx

seithon wrote: »
    Actually the battery is most likely to be a simple 5v watch battery. if you take out the battery from the socket and take it to a jeweller or similar they should be able to match it up :)

5V?

hi

i havent taken the media centre apart so i have no picture at the moment.i know it is a tiny battery just like the ones in watches

yes it is a tiny battery. oh really - yes i will give that a try . was under the impression it had to be specific to the machine

tnx

Is it covered with a door? In most cases you can find the battery type on the door.

how do you mean on the door , on the actual unit ?

hi

i havent taken the media centre apart so i have no picture at the moment.i know it is a tiny battery just like the ones in watches

If you think, try to buying a set of battery at euro shop. It's 2euro only and content more type on one sheet about general types from the tiny to "normal".

how do you mean on the door , on the actual unit ?

No. I thought not necessary to disassemble the whole unit, else the battery replaceable by opening a small door only.

yes i will try that first thing tomorrow. thank you very much

yes i will try that first thing tomorrow. thank you very much

Hopefully have a holder and not soldered kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hopefully have a holder and not soldered kind.

The battery he is talking about is a CMOS battery. It stores BIOS configurations and the date/time. I have never seen a CMOS battery soldered onto a motherboard before so it should be a easy install.

To the OP, you should consult the systems instruction manual and see is there anything on replacing the CMOS battery.

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    The battery he is talking about is a CMOS battery. It stores BIOS configurations and the date/time. I have never seen a CMOS battery soldered onto a motherboard before so it should be a easy install.

To the OP, you should consult the systems instruction manual and see is there anything on replacing the CMOS battery.

I suppose you are young, because of old motherboards has soldered 3.6V battery packs.

I'm talking about this, as example: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00VeDaJQlhbWbB/Rechargeable-Button-Cell-Battery-Lithium-3-6V-.jpg

Not really relevant, but I just checked, my Creative Zen MP3 player also have soldered backup battery, so be carefully with "I have never seen".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Not really relevant, but I just checked, my Creative Zen MP3 player also have soldered backup battery, so be carefully with "I have never seen".

To be fair now... since the first computer I saw built around windows 98 time so.... 13 years ago there hasnt been a soldered battery always a holder and certainly a more modern brand like the sony's wouldnt go backward to a soldered battery...

fionny wrote: »
    To be fair now... since the first computer I saw built around windows 98 time so.... 13 years ago there hasnt been a soldered battery always a holder and certainly a more modern brand like the sony's wouldnt go backward to a soldered battery...

For this reason I wrote my last message about Creative Zen, and there is a tiny (cca 4mm) soldered backup battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Fair enough but thats hardly a computer!

fionny wrote: »
    Fair enough but thats hardly a computer!

Yes, I agree with you, but he talking about a tiny battery, so not the usually CR2032 which isn't tiny.

Advertisement