Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update Router

Options
  • 22-05-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I have a Netopia 2247-62 and have tried and failed to update the firmware with the “File update failed. Click here to go back to previous page” error coming up after loading the correct bin file.

I wonder should I just request the new Zyxel model router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I have just gotten off the phone to broadband support; there is no need to update the firmware on my router(Eircom does it for you) or to change over to the new brand router.

Now to just to wait for my (up to) 24Mb to kick in or my move to Vodafone, whichever comes first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jeffk wrote: »
    I have a Netopia 2247-62 and have tried and failed to update the firmware with the “File update failed. Click here to go back to previous page” error coming up after loading the correct bin file.

I wonder should I just request the new Zyxel model router?

HI Jeffk,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay replying.

In order to update the firmware on the eircom Netopia 2247-62, you need to install each update one at a time. For e.g. If you're current firmware version is 7.6 and the latest firmware version is 7.8, you will need to install version 7.7 before you install 7.8.

You may also have received this error if you are currently using the latest firmware version already.

I have attached our latest firmware updates. Please try to manually do this again yourself.

If you're unable to upload these files, please contact eircom broadband Support. They will either advise to swap out your modem or can possibly update the firmware for you remotely.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Kind regards,

Ant

Advertisement