Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accommodation-Postgrad 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

I'm in the same boat, doing my Masters in UCD in Sept and coming from a different college and don't really know a whole lot about UCD on-campus accommodation or accommodation in the area!

Debating over on/off campus. The cost on campus is off putting though!

Keep in mind the on campus cost includes your electricity at a flat rate, heating costs, free high speed internet, no TV licence, all waste/recycling charges, at a flat rate etc

Don't just compare the rent off campus to the on campus accommodation fees.
    Add your rent to your likley ESB bills, tv licence, internet/landline charges, gas bills, waste charges from private acommidation and then compare that combined figure to your UCD Campus accommodation fees, factor in reduced transport costs, then you have the more accurate number.

The only downside of being on campus is the gates and guest rules which are more loose in reality than on paper but are still a major major con. I personally find that not having 6 different bills and somewhat unpredictable rates (other than my mobile) coming through the door and instead having one flat rate gives me a big sense of security.

They've also tried to make it easier by making it 3 separate payments now instead of just one giant block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Actually, TV license is NOT included in that. If you have a TV in on-campus accomodation, you need to get a license for it.

Advertisement