Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buildling Site C&C

• 22-05-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Some photos form a building site in Parkmore Business Park East, Galway City. It's right opposite where I work so I'm going to try to go back and take another bunch of photos there as soon as I get my new camera body. (I sold my Pentax K-X and bought a K-7 but won't have it for another few weeks.)

building-site-galway.jpg

building-site-early-worker.jpg

building-site.jpg

buildling-site-colour.jpg

buildling-site-frame.jpg

building-site-parkmore-business-park-east.jpg

galway-building-site-shell.jpg

building-site-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I like these Pa. As a set they work pretty well (without a particular purpose defined).

The first introduces the set nicely. I love the second one - almost biblical in a sense of carrying a cross (perhaps a metaphor of sorts for the times of the present).

I don't like 3+4 diptych - too corny imho - opposites etc...

#5 i like. Yeah, its just a spot of industrial equipment, but nice colours, good dof, etc...

#6 is good but #7 and #8 are a bit repetitive.

The #9 #10 diptych is a good idea to personalise the set somewhat but I think could be improved.

Good luck with the K7.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I like these man, I also see that building every day, I work in creganna! :) I really like the second one and the last one with the 2 pictures combined! well spotted with the belt shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Really like #2. Drive by it every day,working in park more west but never looked at it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

thanks for the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

did you head back for additional takes?

• Advertisement

Not yet; I sold my Pentax K-X and am getting a K-7 from the states. But the Aer Lingus strike might delay it. If not I'll ask van I takeore shots the week after next.
    I'm also concerned about the dust on the site. I changed lenses a few times, next time I think I'll try to keep just the one lens on.

I have the 2nd set of photos (taken on the same date) here

I'm planning on going back next week and taking some hopefully of the virtually finished building

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

What lenses do you use most often?

Seanie06 wrote: »
    What lenses do you use most often?

In general of for above photos?
    For above I used a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and an 18-250mm. A really wide angle lens (10mm) would have been great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

2 and 6 are my faves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement