Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Padraig Kennelly

Options
  • 22-05-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

From RTE News
    Mr Kennelly, who was 82, died at his home in Tralee, Co Kerry.
    Mr Kennelly and his wife Joan chronicled life in Kerry in more than 500,000 photographs which they took dating back to 1953.
    The collection has now been digitised and a book taken from it was voted Kerry's best book ever.

Sad news indeed. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

RIP. A great Tralee and Kerryman! I will miss his editorials on Kerry's Eye which were always insightful and thought provoking. He always recognised Kerry's potential and was constantly positive about it's future development and progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Aw very sorry to hear that. The only photo I have ever seen of my grandfather was on the website of his archived photos, he did a great thing chronicling so many events and people in photos, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

In these chastined times it is sad to lose a man who saw the world through his own eyes and not those of others. I never met him but from reading his editorials I could see his deep love for this beautiful county. His passing robs us of a soul who saw the truth; so few remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

RIP, a great kerryman.

He was a wealth of knowledge on the local area. He was in a doco called fuil agus duch about the moss moore murder (the murder 'the field' is based on), and gave a great account of the scenario.
    I remember something he said in an article once, 'a day out of kerry is a day wasted'.

Advertisement