Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert books available in digital format?

• 22-05-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I was wondering if book companies like Folens and EDCO etc. have their books available in a digital format. This would be extremely useful in terms of having a considerably lighter schoolbag but also you wouldn't have worry about the depreciation of a book either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

I've tried to find e-book versions of all my stuff...but aside from the past exam papers and a novel for english, I'm still lugging around a bag of dead tree. It's a shame, I got a Kindle and it's been fantastic for exam papers and marking schemes, I wish I could put more on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 arboroia

Folens homepage have something on releasing e-books for post-primary students from next year.
    http://www.folens.ie/catalog/index.php?level=2#

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Edco are piloting a digital books site with some teachers at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Edco have some books up on edcodigital.ie

You can trial stuff there, but generally the digital version is for use in the classroom and a teacher/school is only given access if the school have bought a set of the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I have all exam papers and marking schemes for every single Leaving Cert subject on an app on my iPhone called Leaving Cert papers. I think it was around €3.99 from app store, it's really handy especially when i'm in the library doing exam papers, and also 'cause I don't have to take the laptop out while i'm studying & stops me from ending up on boards for the night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

spurious wrote: »
    Edco are piloting a digital books site with some teachers at the moment.

yea my teacher always like reads the book on a big screen....you can do it on the folens website but as far as i know its only available for teachers

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Try www.educate.ie. Might be what your looking for.

Advertisement