Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus Chic E720 - Android 2.2 / Capacitive Multi-touch/WiFi/GPS - €152 @ iBood

Options
  • 23-05-2011 12:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/5609/LG_Optimus_Chic_E720__Android_Smartphone_with_capacitive_Multi-touchscreen_WiFi_DLNA_and_A-GPS/
    Brand: LG
    Type: Optimus E720 Chic
    Very fine and complete smartphone with Android OS v2.2 Froyo upgradable to v2.3
    CPU: 600 MHz processor
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    3G: HSDPA 900/1200, HSDPA 2Mbps 7.2Mbps/HSUPDA
    TFT capacitive touchscreen, 320 x 480 pixels/3.2inch
    Multi-touch input
    Accelerometer rotates the screen when you tilt the phone
    Proximity sensor turns off display when you hold it on your ear
    Ambient light sensor
    Built-in speaker
    Vibra function and MP3 ringtones
    150 MB internal memory
    MicroSD card slot, capacity up to 32GB
    2GB Micro SD supplied
    GPRS: Class 12 (4 +1 / 3 +2 / 2 +3 / 1 +4 slots), 32-48kpbs
    EDGE: Class 12
    WLAN: WiFi 802.11 b / g, DLNA
    Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP
    USB: USB 2.0 Micro
    SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email and IM
    HTML browser
    Stereo FM radio
    Camera: 5 Megapixel, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus with geotagging and VGA @ 30fps video
    GPS with A-GPS support
    Digital compass, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, and DivX/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC + player, Document viewer, Organizer, Voice Memo, Predictive text input
    Standard Li-Po 1250 mAh battery
    Up to 450 hours standby
    Up to 5 hours talk time
    Download Games and Apps from the Android Market
    T-mobile software, original retail box, no logo, never locked, sim-free
    Delivery: 4-7 working days
    Dimensions: 112.5 x 57.9 x 12.9 mm
    Weight: 132g
    Legal Warranty: 2 years

Looks like a good deal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If I took the sim card out of my Meteor 3G dongle and put it in this would I be able to use my mobile broadband in this device? I know calls and texts wouldnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm not so sure.. It doesnt seem to do anything more than the standard budget androids do, and their cheaper too! It seems a bit old too, apparently it was launched last August, and 9/10 months is a long time in smartphones really..

I think the LG Optimus 7 for €200 in that other thread is a way better deal IMO! That really is a proper full fat smartphone going for a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

the price is down to 139.95 euro now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

flyandrain wrote: »
    the price is down to 139.95 euro now.:D

I think the price quoted was including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Soarer wrote: »
    I think the price quoted was including delivery.

indeed,sorry about it! still 152 euro:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure.. It doesnt seem to do anything more than the standard budget androids do, and their cheaper too! It seems a bit old too, apparently it was launched last August, and 9/10 months is a long time in smartphones really..

I think the LG Optimus 7 for €200 in that other thread is a way better deal IMO! That really is a proper full fat smartphone going for a good price.

Indeed.

The windows phone 7 optimus 7 in the other thread has a significantly better spec than this. The optimus 7 has 512mb of RAM, far superior processor, much better screen with both the resolution and colours being greater. And the screen on the optimus 7 is 3.8" as opposed to 3.2".
    The only thing that this phone has is android, which may be the deciding factor for some. But the spec just doesn't compare.

I suppose this is 50 cheaper too! Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I am just going from a android phone of similar spec and its a train wreck of a device.

Just curious, what phone model?

The CPU in the OPs offer is the main offender. Users call the LG phone, 'sluggish'. Swings and Roundabouts. Higher screen resolution than the Samsung Europa, slower CPU.. avoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Android 2.2 or even 2.3 which the LG can be updated to makes 600mhz phones alot quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

how unstable is it? if it's in any way usable it's definitely worth it. 2.2 was a massive update, particularly for slow processors like this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I wouldnt touch that phone with a barge pole, in fact I wouldnt even take a free one. I am just going from a android phone of similar spec and its a train wreck of a device.

****ty stock ROM
    Any MSM7227 phone is fantastic value with a decent ROM

• Advertisement
Advertisement