Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam and can u run it system?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi, was thinking of gettin the witcher on steam and dont know if my system will run it and thought maybe steam has a system where by it checks to see if it'll work, anyone know if its possible ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Dont know about steam but I think this should give you a good idea. Alternatively just download a demo

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Thxs i tried it and it'd work going by that, theres no demo for it you see and the graphics card i have i know nothing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Funny you should ask this.
    During the week I too was searching for a witcher demo as there is none on Steam. I too wanted to see if my system could run it. There is a witcher demo however. Just not on Steam. I downloaded one and it wouldnt install correctly. Got it from a reputable site tho. Dont know what was wrong.

But go here:
    I downloaded the top gamefront link. Im going to try the FilePlanet link in a min too.

Oh for the record you'd be best off saying what graphics card you got. To see which one...
    > goto start menu
    > right click on "computer" (or my computer) and select properties.
    > device manager
    > then click the plus sign on the "display adaptors" section.
    what you see there is the name and model of your graphics card :) i'm sure a PC gamer on here could tell you how good your graphics card would hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LighterGuy wrote:
    what you see there is the name and model of your graphics card :) i'm sure a PC gamer on here could tell you how good your graphics card would hold up.
    People who don't know what their graphics card is... generally don't have a dedicated graphics card ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    People who don't know what their graphics card is... generally don't have a dedicated graphics card ;)

I dont , i had but the laptop failed on me and dell gave me this downgraded one with extended warranty. It has a ATA mobility Radeon HD 3670 graphics card, ( thanks for the tip on how to get it. )

Advertisement