Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malware Warning

Options
  • 23-05-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello, I'm currently doing a website for a family friend. It's being done using Wordpress and it's not yet live. However, I went to view the site this morning and I'm seeing some Malware warnings. I would appreciate any advice on how I could get rid of these warnings. Would it be the hosting or perhaps could it be a plugin I've used? Thank you.

Website Front End
    error.png

Website Back End
    error1.png

Google Diagnostic Page
    Diagnostic_page.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

change your ftp password/
    make sure you have no public write directories

follow steps here
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=163633#3

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mike_Eile

Thanks Placebo,

I've submitted it to Webmaster Tools so I'm waiting for the data to come back. I also rang the hosting company and they're avoiding responsibility. I'll follow the instructions on that link anyway.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

I just got this message too. I dont know who google think they are blocking sites in this way.My site doesnt contain malware and has not been altered by a 3rd party (all last modified dates for files and directories are in line with MY changes). Yet their automated inaccurate system has essentially taken my site off the net meaning in my busiest week, I can not do any business.

I requested a review and they initially lifted the ban but now its back in place. I can not request a review for "Several hours" due to having already requested one. Livid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Have a look in your /wp-content/themes/theme name/footer.php and see if there is a long string of encoded JavaScript, delete it if there is.

Advertisement