Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolfiefest Beers - 15th and 16th of July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Atari Jaguar
    We went there at the end of a beers one night, i cant say i remember how it fared as venue :pac:. All i remember is suddenly finding myself sitting on BOFH's couch at 5am watching films and drinking beer with a bunch of other boardsies.

Fibbers 2!!!! :pac:

Sounds like a solid sequence of events. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Saturday 16th July
    We went there at the end of a beers one night, i cant say i remember how it fared as venue :pac:. All i remember is suddenly finding myself sitting on BOFH's couch at 5am watching films and drinking beer with a bunch of other boardsies.

That was a good night. Even if I did have to go to Louth after only two hours sleep. Still drunk. :pac:

Atari Jaguar
    That was a good night. Even if I did have to go to Louth after only two hours sleep. Still drunk. :pac:

Many would say it's the best way to go to Louth

Saturday 16th July
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Many would say it's the best way to go to Louth

Not when you're supposed to be working for the day. But yes, other than that one should ideally be drunk when in/passing through/near Louth. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Atari Jaguar
    Not when you're supposed to be working for the day. But yes, other than that one should ideally be drunk when in/passing through/near Louth. :pac:
    Sure living in Louth is just one big drinking game really :pac:

Saturday 16th July
    Lucky bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Atari Jaguar
    Oh I remember that night, all of us standing for ages, then grabbing two-three tables in the corner and having a laugh! And the morning after, when three of us walked over to Busáras...it was eerily quiet that morning. Fuuuunnnn!

Saturday 16th July
    Oh I remember that night, all of us standing for ages, then grabbing two-three tables in the corner and having a laugh! And the morning after, when three of us walked over to Busáras...it was eerily quiet that morning. Fuuuunnnn!

It was eerily quiet and very very blurry. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I need to move back into town so we can do this again :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Atari Jaguar

I was at New Fibbers with boardsies before as well, was it a Feb Beers? Did we start off in TP Smiths?

Anyway, it was a dump. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Atari Jaguar
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I was at New Fibbers with boardsies before as well, was it a Feb Beers? Did we start off in TP Smiths?

Anyway, it was a dump. :pac:
    You're a dump :pac:

I'm not actually 100% sure, that night in general was pretty hazy :pac: :D I think yeah, it started in TP smiths, then we were going to go to the church but a bunch of people got refused. So we went somewhere we definitely would not be refused :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

You learn to live with it ^^

I really hope I can make this, may have to leave early though as I've nowhere to stay in Dub =/

Saturday 16th July
    You learn to live with it ^^

I really hope I can make this, may have to leave early though as I've nowhere to stay in Dub =/

Cheap hostel? If I didn't have to be up super early on sat morning I'd totally offer you my couch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Either Day
    +1. Me and Tuds and probably several other Nocs will be up in Abigail's for one or both days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Either Day
    Crap yeah! Must book that >.<

Can we decide on a definite venue and time for the Saturday so then I can sort out few things? Please and thank youuuuu!

Either Day
    Doubt anyone's booked it yet Tuds :o:p

And yeah, +1 on the venue... weren't you in charge of the Saturday though? :p

New Fibbers was mentioned... must find out what snakebite + black is like...

Either Day
    Solitaire wrote: »

Well I looked and they aint got the full range of rooms as you would expect. Only 5 and 6 bed dorms left so they filling up sure it's only 2 weeks away! Crap ebt ye that's the week my rent is due too....mutha&*^%$$%£ :pac:

Am I heck in charge of venue!! FewFew said I'm leading it....so like...I lead folks there out front with a map and all.

Yeah but so was old Fibbers and Gypsy Rose! So not sure if we meeting in Gypsy Rose first for a pint or two then moving on to Fibbers......not sure if they far walking distance or not? :confused:

Either Day
    Ah **** that doesn't sound good :(

No idea where Gypsy Rose is even and my PC has just shat itself :( Back in a moment...

Either Day
    Ah **** that doesn't sound good :(

No idea where Gypsy Rose is even and my PC has just shat itself :( Back in a moment...

*shakes head*

Ohhh Silly Sally!

The Gypsy Rose is the building right beside the hostel :pac:

• Advertisement

Either Day
    ... Oh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It's not a long walk from Gypsy Rose to Fibbers2, ten minutes at most for girls in heels, 5 minutes for guys. :p

Maguined wrote: »
    It's not a long walk from Gypsy Rose to Fibbers2, ten minutes at most for girls in heels, 5 minutes for guys. :p

What about guys in heels?

Either Day
    Ignoring those who wear them regularly, I'd give them at least half an hour as they're likely to be very drunk at that point :pac:

I grow up drinking SnakeBites in Fibbers and Bruxies, they are epic.

Either Day
    What are they though? :confused::p

• Advertisement

Slash of black in a pint glass with then Larger and Cider mixed { the ratio depends on the pub / bartender }.

pFZO2.jpg

Best pic on Google Images.

What are they though? :confused::p

Either Day
    That sounds surprisingly vile :p I thought it was some exotic spirit with a load of black slung on top! :o

Either Day
    I'll have you know that being drunk does not make the ladies in heels walk slower...in fact if could make them challenge the males to a race and run there

>.>

<.<

Awwwwww FOOOOK.
    Keep forgetting. I actually will not...I repeat NOT be drinking at these beers. Will be involved in one of those bet things of 40 days without alcohol starts on the 11th. Don't worry though, sober Toni is just as annoying as drunk Toni :pac:

Atari Jaguar
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I'll have you know that being drunk does not make the ladies in heels walk slower...in fact if could make them challenge the males to a race and run there

>.>

<.<

Awwwwww FOOOOK.
    Keep forgetting. I actually will not...I repeat NOT be drinking at these beers. Will be involved in one of those bet things of 40 days without alcohol starts on the 11th. Don't worry though, sober Toni is just as annoying as drunk Toni :pac:

At least you not drinking means you might stay around for the whole night

I've just realised a flaw in our Fibbers plan... closes up shop at 12.30 . Eep. Feels weird that such a place doesn't have a late license.

Atari Jaguar
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    sober Toni is just as annoying as drunk Toni :pac:

Fcuk sake you had my hopes up for a moment. :pac:

• Advertisement

Either Day
    At least you not drinking means you might stay around for the whole night

Oh FEIC off!! Sure we were the last ones being kicked out of Lafayettes so whissssst up.

Well sure we could head over the road to Gypsy Rose again does it have late license? Or head onto SubLounge?
    Fcuk sake you had my hopes up for a moment. :pac:

I will deal with you on the night BOY

*shakes fist*

:p

Atari Jaguar
    Oh is LZ actually going to turn up for a night out? Jez, that must be a first?

Atari Jaguar
    Oh is LZ actually going to turn up for a night out? Jez, that must be a first?

Sure I came out in April, what more do ya want!!

Atari Jaguar
    Sure I came out in April, what more do ya want!!
    Came out where?:pac:

Ah you did, I jest. At least you remembered the first half of the night :D

And whats this about Fibbers and a 12:30 licence? Any time I've ever been there, I've left around 3am...

Atari Jaguar

Wait, you were there? Bull****. :pac:

Atari Jaguar
    And whats this about Fibbers and a 12:30 licence? Any time I've ever been there, I've left around 3am...

That's what I thought, but was there last night and they emptied the place at 12.30 . Very odd.

Atari Jaguar
    Wait, you were there? Bull****. :pac:
    Oh but I was young padawan, see me or remember me, you did not:pac:
    That's what I thought, but was there last night and they emptied the place at 12.30 . Very odd.
    That sounds very strange for Fibbers...I got a horrible feeling there that they are stopping the fun for us :(

Atari Jaguar

That sounds very strange for Fibbers...I got a horrible feeling there that they are stopping the fun for us :(

And it wasn't even a case of giving everybody drinking time, they pretty much herded us out in a very in-your-face manner. Up until that moment I was going to make it my local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Saturday 16th July

I found out upon leaving why that was. Basically they lost their late license but should have it renewed this week so all will be right in the world :)

Atari Jaguar
    I found out upon leaving why that was. Basically they lost their late license but should have it renewed this week so all will be right in the world :)

Oh so it was just a once off ****-up? Damn. But also phew. May need some reckon on that before Wolfie beers though.

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar
    Hmmm, not sure what day I'll be out on, but I'm tempted to stay sober. I say that now though. :pac:

If Fibber does get their license sorted { seem all the later bar in the area were closed } then we should just head to Gipsy Roses instead :pac:
    Came out where?:pac:

Saturday 16th July
    Are we heading to Grand Social on Friday? Are people still coming out Friday? It's not going to be my on my own... right?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Saturday 16th July
    Are we heading to Grand Social on Friday? Are people still coming out Friday? It's not going to be my on my own... right?

This Friday or Friday 15th?

Saturday 16th July
    Friday the 15th. Ya know, when wolfy's actually here. :pac:

Either Day
    Don't think so :o At least not me, don't think Tuds is either.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Saturday 16th July
    Friday the 15th. Ya know, when wolfy's actually here. :pac:

Just checking! :P

I'll be there! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Saturday 16th July
    I'm hoping to go :) the only hurdle is I have nowhere to live that weekend :pac: should work out ok though :D

Saturday 16th July
    you can stay with me if you need to Booms. Although I'm sure you won't be left homeless. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm hoping to go :) the only hurdle is I have nowhere to live that weekend :pac: should work out ok though :D

I'm sure we'll find someone to bring you home. *wink*

Advertisement