Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart phone - best package

Options
  • 23-05-2011 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hello

I've decided it's time I got with it! Technology is taking off at a rapid pace and my little nokia used solely for texting is just not cutting it anymore when my 12 year old niece is googling and facebooking from her phone!

I had a look at a few phones at the weekend and like the mini samsung galaxy - the HTC Desire is fab, but a little too big for my needs and liking.

However, I'm strugglin with networks and plans. I am currently vodafone, pay as you go - I pay 20euro a month with unlimited texts to any network.
    I am a chronic texter . . hundreds a month thousands even.

I know with the net on the phone I can use vodafone webtexts to top up but I don't think its enough.

What are the best networks and plans for maximum texts, minimums calls and average data - as in checking gmail and facebook 10 times a day? I'm not streaming movies or anything?

THANK YOU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You probably need to go on bill pay. I think the vodafone simply plus plan is good value at 40euro per month for 400sms, 400mins and 500mbs data
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/simply/plus
    30 day sim only plan

Another option which is good value is to go with payg O2 experience more plan (free texts any network for 20 euro per month) and you can add a 700mb data add-on for 9.99 per month leaving you 10.01 for calls.
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/
    (look under pre pay options)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

What ever you do. Before you move networks get a PAYG sim (usually free except 10 euro from vodafone) and test the network you're thinking of moving too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Absolutely. It could save you a lot of time, hassle and money ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Thanks a million guys. Meteor was the runner, but looking at 3 now.
    My OH is going to come into the new age technology with me, he'd require it for work. So we'll try to go with the same network.

Now - he is getting the HTC S or Desire not sure.......what it's called, but it seems quite LARGE - agin I'm a texter and will just be checking FB and Gmails... so no need for large GPS screens etc.

I saw the Galaxy mini at the weekand though "Oh Cute"... so what are the for and againsts. And as a new comer to smart phones... what are the most user friendly ones!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Advertisement