Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2011 plan of attack!

• 23-05-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Background:

Skinny but unhealthy, lost 6lbs in the last 4 months due to wisdom teeth surgery and breakup angst. I want to keep my weight around 115lbs.
    Used to be classified as a cyclist until I started my Masters, got very lazy and stopped biking.
    Took up commuting by bike again last September, got slightly fitter
    Got back on the mountain bike a bit more recently and all I keep asking myself is why did I ever stop?!
    Very very accident prone!

Goals:

Get fitter and healthier
    Ride the Bontrager 24/12 race as part of a four-person team
    Put down a PB for the brown loop in the Ballyhouras (I'm thinking around 1h20)
    Ride more than 100km off-road in a day
    Commute by bike to work everyday, regardless of weather or hangovers. It's only 4km each way so it's not like it's a struggle!
    Most importantly, I will not get injured!

Equipment:

the MTB-Gary Fisher Tassajara GS- "Aimee"
    the commuter- Carrera Subway 2 W- "Audrey"

Small goals but it's a start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tassajara

Okay, so the weekend was the start of this great plan to actually set goals for myself. I've talked a big game about getting fit in the last two years but never got beyond the first day but I've gotten to day 4 of get fit during the summer plan without any major hitches.

Friday evening- ran 5km in 27 minutes and I know I can improve that time by a few minutes anyway.

I had plans for cycling during the weekend, but smashing a glass and cutting my right hand to ribbons on Friday night killed that idea.

Monday evening- circuit training for an hour. I started out pushing it way too hard and ended up dying towards the end.

However, back to cycling tomorrow now that my hand is less painful.

Aims for the week:

80km on the commuter bike
    1 evening spin on the mtb
    1 circuit training session
    1 5km run hopefully improving on 27 minutes.

Advertisement