Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pyramid power

Options
  • 23-05-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

hi

has anyone here made themselves or invested in a pyramid for their home? i've had a couple of sessions with a pyramid hat and found it to be really grounding....would love to go large scale but the only ones i can find online are from the us for $250...seems kinda steep considering you can get the measurements and make one yourself...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

lolo62 wrote: »
    hi

has anyone here made themselves or invested in a pyramid for their home? i've had a couple of sessions with a pyramid hat and found it to be really grounding....would love to go large scale but the only ones i can find online are from the us for $250...seems kinda steep considering you can get the measurements and make one yourself...

Pyramids, how do they work?

I mean what makes it different from, say, a cube or a cuboid?

$250 seems very steep, as you said. It might be a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

agreed! besides id find it hard to fork out $250 for something i could probably put together myself.

im still in the early stages of researching the whole pyramidology thing but going by what i felt when i had the small one on my head (sounds mad but i know) i seriously felt a big shift in my energy.

people are using them for enhancing plant growth healing etc. ive always been kind of mesmerized by them but i am cautious of new age 'gurus' cashing in so putting the feelers out...theres sacred geometry involved but exact measurements/degrees can be found online

here is a quick vid i just found to give you an idea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC9LL52HA88&feature=related

I haven't looked much into this so forgive my ignorance. Let's take the plant growth angle for a moment.

Is the pyramid glass-covered? Does it retain heat or capture sunlight better than a traditional greenhouse?

If it's not covered, does it do something to the sunlight coming in or generate energy of its own?

Has it also been tested? For example, do plants grown under a pyramid grow better than plants grown under a cube (one of my favourite 3d shapes)?

Sorry for all the questions but I think there might be something fishy going on here. A lot of the people on the internet who promote these seem to be a bit funny in the head and only in it for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

I haven't looked much into this so forgive my ignorance. Let's take the plant growth angle for a moment.

Is the pyramid glass-covered? Does it retain heat or capture sunlight better than a traditional greenhouse?

If it's not covered, does it do something to the sunlight coming in or generate energy of its own?

Has it also been tested? For example, do plants grown under a pyramid grow better than plants grown under a cube (one of my favourite 3d shapes)?

Sorry for all the questions but I think there might be something fishy going on here. A lot of the people on the internet who promote these seem to be a bit funny in the head and only in it for the money.

Great video Tragamin2k2....I hadn't seen that....its a pity there are so many whackos involved in this stuff because they dont do any favours to the movement by trying to say things like 'pyramids sharpen razor blades'!

mcmoustache i havent done a load of research....i do a lot of energy work and am attuned to the energy of things so i know by what i experienced that pyramids have a positive effect. what i am trying to determine is whether or not this is a project i could take on myself....
    have you ever built any large geometric shapes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I think you should give it a try and forget buying it for experiment purpose at least.

mcmoustache i havent done a load of research....i do a lot of energy work and am attuned to the energy of things so i know by what i experienced that pyramids have a positive effect. what i am trying to determine is whether or not this is a project i could take on myself....
    have you ever built any large geometric shapes?

Yes. I have built mostly cuboid structures and semi-spherical objects. I've used everything from ice-pop sticks for small-scale stuff and wire frames and timber for larger geometric shapes. I find that cuboids, length and width proportional to the golden ratio, perform quite well and are aesthetically pleasing. I actually sleep in one of these.

I have to admit, I am a bit sceptical about pyramids. It does sound a bit airy-fairy. Do you know of any comparison tests where a pyramid was tested side by side with a cuboid or semi-sphere? I couldn't find anything online and I haven't done the test myself.

I think a good test would be to construct both a pyramid and a cuboid from transparent straws or a thin wire frame (so that the structure doesn't block light). Then a person could plant an equal amount of watercress seeds in equal pots and give them the same amount of water. Then we could see over time which structure works best. The same comparison experiment could also be done with semi-spheres or other tetrahedrons.

Thanks mcmoustache....I would like to build one to sleep under too. I found a an instructional video on youtube so Im going to have a go following that using copper rods Ive been doing a bit more research and the according to most who use them the measurements/angles dont matter (although I would like to build mine using sacred geometry)

The consensus seems to be that the pyramid shape draws down a lot of life-force energy just because of its shape. I can see the logic in that...

I work with a lot with crystals and symbols and tend to take a more intuitive approach to these things so to a more scientific mind that might seem airy-fairy but I find that its just a different way of thinking and the two types will never agree on topics like this as they are coming from different angles...

Im interested in cuboids now too though....what does it do for you to sleep in one ?

Thanks mcmoustache....I would like to build one to sleep under too. I found a an instructional video on youtube so Im going to have a go following that using copper rods Ive been doing a bit more research and the according to most who use them the measurements/angles dont matter (although I would like to build mine using sacred geometry)

on my mobile so apologies for any typos..:

I think that the angle would be important. The pyramids at giza were built with specific angles and i don't think that that can be ignored. The golden ratio is 1 : (1+sqrt5)/2 fyi.

I'd still recommend the experiment i proposed earlier. It's not science. It's just testing to see what works.

I'll return tomorrow to flesh things out a bit more because posting on my mobile is a bit of a pain.

Advertisement