Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployed where to get a loan

Options
  • 23-05-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Im unemployed at the moment but will get a job next month for a year
    For the job i need a car because work is on different places
    Need 800 euros for it
    Have the rest
    Tried my bank but they said no because u have no income
    How or where to get it otherwise im still unemployed next month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Could you not get a banger for the year and drive it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Did look into that but i need a car i can trust
    because one week i have to work nearby another week maybe i have to go to the other side of the country with chances to go to the UK
    Not really like it to do with a banger
    Most of them those in my budget are out of nct a year or more
    Dont know what the costs will be to get them tested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Normally you need to be employed for at least 6 months before you can get a loan. Depending on the loan you will probably need to be a permanent employee as well.

I think your best (only) route is a family member or friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Buy a banger for a month or two then replace it when you have an income?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

What about a Credit Union.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 hwfs.ie

You will find it hard to get a loan while unemployed. Have you looked at borrowing a car from a family member ? or hiring a car on a longer term basis until you get yourself sorted?

oIf these aren't viable options then i would just buy a cheaper car, the price you see on some cars can be brought down with a bit of haggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

You could start a thread in the motoring section, state your budget and your requirements... the folks over there will give you some suggestions.

+1 on it being hard to get a loan without a job

A guy I know couldn't get a motor loan and both himself and the wife work.

I would recommend that you start saving in the credit union as soon as you start working. Be consistent and within 5 or 6 months you should be able to get a decent loan off them.

Bank interest rate is much higher, credit union also allow you to alter payment amounts and to pay back early. So much more flexible than the banks.

Good luck in the new job!

Advertisement