Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schools in county kerry

Options
  • 23-05-2011 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello my family and i are hopefully moving over to Ireland sometime this year, i have a little boy who will be four in july and wondered how i can get him into a school, could i just ring the school and enrol him or is there another process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

It will depend totally on which school you want him to attend. Most schools will have completed their intake by now but some will have vacancies.
    The fact that he is just 4 in July may complicate matters also. Some schools may consider him to be too young, or operate a waiting list based on age.
    (By law he has to be 4 before the 1st of September.)
    You should contact the school immediately and have his birth certificate to prove his age.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement