Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For people who keep saying Eircom NGB 24 is unlimited

• 23-05-2011 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

It's not.

This is taken from their site.

Unlimited usage allowance

With up to 24 Mb broadband you have an unlimited monthly usage allowance. This is subject to a fair usage policy of 250GB per month. For more information see the standard Broadband Terms and Conditions.
    http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/bundles/170131052/15/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Just to add we kept at UPC and they have stopped using the unlimited term.

Eircom is not unlimited and they also should not get away with lying on their site.

They know most people will not check the small print that is on another page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The sooner the better this idiotic nonsense is stopped.

I really dont know how the ASA, and in particular the National Consumer Association can allow this blatant deception to continue - From the NCA website
    It aims to defend consumer interests and to embed a robust consumer culture in Ireland.

A strong mandate
    The Government has given the NCA a very strong mandate to defend and promote consumer rights through:
    • Forceful advocacy, targeted research, consumer information, education, and awareness programmes
    • The systematic enforcement of consumer law

How can the NCA proclaim this and stand aside as consumers are deliberately deceived on a daily basis by the communications industry en bloc?

dub45 wrote: »
    The sooner the better this idiotic nonsense is stopped.

I really dont know how the ASA, and in particular the National Consumer Association can allow this blatant deception to continue - From the NCA website

How can the NCA proclaim this and stand aside as consumers are deliberately deceived on a daily basis by the communications industry en bloc?

Eircom product

Standard price €69.99

Line rental included
    Up to 24Mb download speed
    Unlimited usage allowance
    Unlimited local & national calls
    off–peak†
    30 FREE any network mobile minutes off–peak ‡

UPC product

€42 a month.

25Mb downstream; 2.5Mb upstream
    FREE wireless router (applies to new Broadband customers only)
    24 hour online connection - no time restrictions
    No telephone line required
    250GB usage limit.
    Up to 15 email addresses
    300MB web space
    Home Phone & Freetime World
    Free off-peak and weekend calls to local, national and selected international fixed lines.

Somebody trying to decide between these two packs might go for Eircom for the Unlimited usage.
    However the unlimited part is a lie and their usage is that same as the UPC pack listed above.

One last thing in my post above the Eircom pack is €28 more expensive for 30mins to mobiles.

Blueface will do you 50 mobile mins for £6.99

http://www.blueface.ie/residential/mobile.aspx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Its good to see that UPC appear to have stopped using that unlimited term particularly as they pushed it so hard for so long. (What the need to do now of course is to provide a proper way of monitoring usage for customers)

UPC have excellent products and it is good to see them backing those products with basic honesty.

It would still be nice to see all isps showing in the same place and clearly the three basic things that all customers or prospective customers want to see:
    • Price
    • Speed
    • Upload and download allowance

And also clearly stated on the product page and not buried in the terms and conditions or some other add on what happens when a customer goes over the cap.

Again any services not available (as in the case of some mobile providers) should be clearly stated up front and not buried.

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote: »
    Its good to see that UPC appear to have stopped using that unlimited term particularly as they pushed it so hard for so long. (What the need to do now of course is to provide a proper way of monitoring usage for customers)

UPC have excellent products and it is good to see them backing those products with basic honesty.

It would still be nice to see all isps showing in the same place and clearly the three basic things that all customers or prospective customers want to see:
    • Price
    • Speed
    • Upload and download allowance

And also clearly stated on the product page and not buried in the terms and conditions or some other add on what happens when a customer goes over the cap.

Again any services not available (as in the case of some mobile providers) should be clearly stated up front and not buried.

As regards calling mobiles neither UPC nor Eircom can touch Blueface.

2m3nzte.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Another thing that's really p**sing me off with eircom is these ads they are running for the NGB bundle saying they hav taken money off the price but nothing off the bundle, however when you check the small print the usage limit has gone from an already low 30gb to just 10gb! And they then charge €2/gig over usage!

marketty wrote: »
    Another thing that's really p**sing me off with eircom is these ads they are running for the NGB bundle saying they hav taken money off the price but nothing off the bundle, however when you check the small print the usage limit has gone from an already low 30gb to just 10gb! And they then charge €2/gig over usage!

I did not know that.

That is very low and dishonest to say the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I f*cking hate hate hate that eircom ad!

Nothing off the bundle my fecking asre....

"Listen Jim haven't got time to chat to you all day"......."ooookee"
    f*ck off you shower of w*nkers. Making out as if they provide value for money service.

How they get away with this is a disgrace.

Everyone should send a complaint to the NCA about this and eircom in general. Very dishonest company.

I'm glad to be away from them. While Vodafone aren't perfect themselves they're a lot better than dealing with those ar*seholes.

Advertisement