Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house (and exchange) difficulties

Options
  • 23-05-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Moved out from my old rented house (an eircom customer for years with phone and broadband) and rang on May 6th to move the account and line etc to new address. Was told cancelling old broadband and line would take 24 hours and that I should expect a call within ten working days from engineer to let me know if he/she needed to get into the new house to sort me with a new line (and number, because it's on a different exchange). Waited, and waited, and then waited some more. So on Saturday last, May 21st (I make that after ten working days!) I rang back to be told that "Paul", initial guy I spoke to, hadn't in fact registered for a new line at my new address. Unfortunately that team doesn't work Saturdays so could I ring back on Monday morning. Did so today and to have to go through the same rigmarole with a lady was crazy. The "best" she could do for me was to promise that she had, in fact, definitely put through the order, that she was sorry there was nobody there that she could make sure this order gets sorted quickly and that, no, there was no way she could confirm that I'd get a call quicker than the standard ten business days.

Not a happy camper at all - where did "Paul" go wrong and not put in an RFRT (that's what the guy on Saturday called it) and why oh why couldn't I be put onto a priority list to ensure this mistake was sorted ASAP. I promised the lady on the phone that if I didn't get a call within a couple of days that I would decide to bring my broadband and phone line custom elsewhere. Why is it that you have to have a row down the phone just to get things sorted???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Moved out from my old rented house (an eircom customer for years with phone and broadband) and rang on May 6th to move the account and line etc to new address. Was told cancelling old broadband and line would take 24 hours and that I should expect a call within ten working days from engineer to let me know if he/she needed to get into the new house to sort me with a new line (and number, because it's on a different exchange). Waited, and waited, and then waited some more. So on Saturday last, May 21st (I make that after ten working days!) I rang back to be told that "Paul", initial guy I spoke to, hadn't in fact registered for a new line at my new address. Unfortunately that team doesn't work Saturdays so could I ring back on Monday morning. Did so today and to have to go through the same rigmarole with a lady was crazy. The "best" she could do for me was to promise that she had, in fact, definitely put through the order, that she was sorry there was nobody there that she could make sure this order gets sorted quickly and that, no, there was no way she could confirm that I'd get a call quicker than the standard ten business days.

Not a happy camper at all - where did "Paul" go wrong and not put in an RFRT (that's what the guy on Saturday called it) and why oh why couldn't I be put onto a priority list to ensure this mistake was sorted ASAP. I promised the lady on the phone that if I didn't get a call within a couple of days that I would decide to bring my broadband and phone line custom elsewhere. Why is it that you have to have a row down the phone just to get things sorted???

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the problems you had setting up the order at the new address. Can you PM me with your previous telephone number and the address you have moved to and I will chase this this up for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

I wish you luck, Brian.

Took Eircom eight months to put in a landline into our new house. And we only moved around the corner.

Darth...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

Yikes Darth. Here's hoping I'm not that bad! We've not moved far, about 5km, but from a big town to a small village Hopefully Mark can get it sorted quickly for me. As I promised the woman on the phone this morning, if it's not sorted soon there are other options out there even though I'd obviously like to stay with eircom.

Yikes Darth. Here's hoping I'm not that bad! We've not moved far, about 5km, but from a big town to a small village Hopefully Mark can get it sorted quickly for me. As I promised the woman on the phone this morning, if it's not sorted soon there are other options out there even though I'd obviously like to stay with eircom.

Hi Brian,

I got your Pm thanks, Can you also send on a mobile contact number so I can give you a call.

Thanks, Mark

Hope it works out Brian...

We just moved around the corner... About two minutes walk from our previous address...

It was the longest eight months of my life... My mother and I are both wheelchair users, and couldn't use our pendant alarms... I certainly aged in those months!...

Darth...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

In case anyone else is reading this (apart from me, Mark and Darth!) -

I think it's only fair of me to come back on here after having my mini rant in the opening post and let everyone know that Mark got back to me swiftly on here at boards.ie and after I sent him a PM with my details as requested, he got on the phone to me, apologised for the mix-up and got the ball rolling. He has now sent me as message with my order details and I should be up and running later this week.

Too often I use social media to complain and give out and I think it's only fair of me to come back on and let everyone know that it works! ;o)

But seriously, thanks Mark. Clear, efficient, friendly and helpful.

In case anyone else is reading this (apart from me, Mark and Darth!) -

I think it's only fair of me to come back on here after having my mini rant in the opening post and let everyone know that Mark got back to me swiftly on here at boards.ie and after I sent him a PM with my details as requested, he got on the phone to me, apologised for the mix-up and got the ball rolling. He has now sent me as message with my order details and I should be up and running later this week.

Too often I use social media to complain and give out and I think it's only fair of me to come back on and let everyone know that it works! ;o)

But seriously, thanks Mark. Clear, efficient, friendly and helpful.

Hi Brian,

No problem :) Thanks for the follow up post and I will get back onto you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Ah, well done, Mark...

Where were you when I needed a phone???... LOL!!!...

Darth...

:P
    Darthvadar wrote: »
    Ah, well done, Mark...

Where were you when I needed a phone???... LOL!!!...

Darth...

Advertisement