Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught drink driving in Spain.

Options
  • 23-05-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi I was caught drink driving in Spain. And I had to go to court. They told me they wanted €700 and would be in touch via post or email with details on how to pay it. They said it would probably be a month or two's time when they get on to me. Anyone got any opinions or thoughts on whether I should pay the fine or not? I will be travelling to Spain again soon and in future as well so I don't have any problem paying the fine. But also wouldn't bother paying it if I thought they weren't going to do anything about it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They will do something about it. Pay it.

If you don't pay it, a warrant will be issued for your arrest and they'll either pursue you across the EU (as they're entitled to do), or you'll be arrested the next time you land in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

seamus wrote: »
    They will do something about it. Pay it.

If you don't pay it, a warrant will be issued for your arrest and they'll either pursue you across the EU (as they're entitled to do), or you'll be arrested the next time you land in Spain.

Cool. It's just one of the lads said to me they'd never issue an airport warrant (or something like that) over a drink driving fine. But to be honest I was anxious just to pay it anyway and be shut of the matter.

What would happen if I didn't pay it and then I landed in Spain and if they confronted me regarding it but I was willing to pay it on the spot there and then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just pay it. I mean youre getting off very very lightly for drink driving in a different country where you drive on the other side of the road and the other side of the car. Pay the fine and be thankful you werent involved in a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

desodon wrote: »

What would happen if I didn't pay it and then I landed in Spain and if they confronted me regarding it but I was willing to pay it on the spot there and then?

That's not really the way it works.
    Pay the fine or they'll get a warrant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement