Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock or Dead Space?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Thinking of picking up 1 of theses, reviews seem to suggest they are fairly similar. I know there are sequals out but I think I will start wit the original. So which game is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

get both, you can pick them up for about a tenner each new these days, two of the best games ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

get both:) Never played deadspace but bioshock is excellent,highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

bearing in mind, Im not the biggest bioshock fan..

on pc
    bioshock, then deadspace

on console
    deadspace, then bioshock

for controls reasons mainly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Hard to call it, the two of them are excellent and pretty different, dead space is a longer game though so maybe on a value for money bases that may be a good choice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wossack wrote: »
    bearing in mind, Im not the biggest bioshock fan..

on pc
    bioshock, then deadspace

on console
    deadspace, then bioshock

for controls reasons mainly..

This.

I made the mistake of playing Bioshock on the XBox and I cannot for the life of me figure out what all the fuss is about. I thought it a mediocre at best game that was a piss poor console attempt at System Shock 2. I am hearing good things about the sequel though, so I might just give it another go and see if I can suffer through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kharn wrote: »
    I am hearing good things about the sequel though, so I might just give it another go and see if I can suffer through it.

Lies you are hearing! :pac:
    Bioshock 2 is terrible. I liked the 1st, but the 2nd was just awful.

@OP.
    Go for Dead Space, you won't be sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Didn't think the second one was so bad. Story was a bit weaker maybe, but gameplay mechanics were improved all over the board. I loved both of em anyway.

PS Really wanna give Dead Space a blast too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

krudler wrote: »
    get both, you can pick them up for about a tenner each new these days, two of the best games ever made.

I'll prob end up picking both of them up I just duno which 1 to sink into first. Thanks for the feedback lads at this moment im swinging towards dead Space, Im on xbox 360 if that makes much of a difference aswel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Lies you are hearing! :pac:
    Bioshock 2 is terrible. I liked the 1st, but the 2nd was just awful.

@OP.
    Go for Dead Space, you won't be sorry.

This.

OP get Deadspace its awesome even tho the PC controls are not the best. Bioshock is a vastly over rated game imho and the sequel is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

You should get both. Both brillant games and you'll pick them both up for dirt cheap aswell. Remeber only paying a tenner for Dead Space some time last year and couldnt get over how good it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Deadspace.

Bioshock 1 + 2 are over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Kharn wrote: »
    This.

I made the mistake of playing Bioshock on the XBox and I cannot for the life of me figure out what all the fuss is about. I thought it a mediocre at best game that was a piss poor console attempt at System Shock 2. I am hearing good things about the sequel though, so I might just give it another go and see if I can suffer through it.

Oh man :(
    Gave the sequel a go - hoping they had improved on the original. On the 360 at least it was in my opinion worse. Tossed it back to the store and got another game.

Dead Space was excellent though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, both Dead Space games are pretty good I must say. Quite a few hairy and scary moments and there's a nice range of fiction to accompany them - there's a good animated bit that tells the story of what's happened on the ISS Ishimura (the ship Dead Space is based on) before the player character arrives on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Get bouth. Two great games. You wont pay much for bouth anyway.

Bioshock is not over rated. Just taste differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Bioshock is much better than deadspace imo.
    Maybe its just because the controls for deadspace felt like total cancer on my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Spunge wrote: »
    Bioshock is much better than deadspace imo.
    Maybe its just because the controls for deadspace felt like total cancer on my pc.

playing a 3rd person game with a kb&m was the problem there ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bioshock or Dead Space?

System Shock 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Kiith wrote: »
    Bioshock or Dead Space?

System Shock 2.

Make sure you buy a Dreamcast to play them on too! :p

Dead Space all the way!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'd be one of the minority of the Bioshock fans.

Dead Space is a bit too generic 3rd person shooter for me, with a few cheap scares thrown in. Good, just not great.

Advertisement