Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CO2 in aquarium

Options
  • 23-05-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hello Everybody
    quick question - do you know where can I get around Dublin proper co2 system for fish tank ?

i'm not looking for any magic small bottles with chemicals, or magic tablets, but proper 2l bottle with co2, gas regulator, needle valve, bubble counter, co2 diffusser etc.

I can get full set/s from my family country for something like 100-130 euro, and I'm wondering if I can buy here for similar price.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Try Seahorse Aquariums in Ballymount, they have a good range of stuff here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    Hello Everybody
    quick question - do you know where can I get around Dublin proper co2 system for fish tank ?

i'm not looking for any magic small bottles with chemicals, or magic tablets, but proper 2l bottle with co2, gas regulator, needle valve, bubble counter, co2 diffusser etc.

I can get full set/s from my family country for something like 100-130 euro, and I'm wondering if I can buy here for similar price.

JBL M603 digital Co2 system for 390 euro direct from Germany

I replaced the small JBL refillable CO2 tank with larger CO2 tank and pure CO2.

Refill can be had from Doyle and Doyle in Ballymount.

DSCF6299.jpg
    DSCF6302.jpg
    DSCF8353.jpg
    DSCF8358-1.jpg
    DSCF8494-1.jpg
    DSCF6407.jpg
    117_1313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

paddy147 wrote: »
    Refill can be had from Doyle and Doyle in Ballymount.

Is that in Cookstown Ind. Estate? Can you buy an extinguisher off them and how much is to refill a 2kg one like yours?

m4r10 wrote: »
    Is that in Cookstown Ind. Estate? Can you buy an extinguisher off them and how much is to refill a 2kg one like yours?

Yeah,thats them,just down the road from FAS.

You can buy 2kg or 5kg empty tanks off them and also get them filled up too.You can also bring your existing CO2 tank to them and they will refill it for you,for not alot of euros.:)

I got the the 2 kg tank with it filled up for 50 euro,that will last a good 6-7 months in my tank now.I was going to get the taller 5 kg tank,but couldnt remember the internal size of my cabinet,so I played it safe and went for the 2 kg tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

that tank looks great, plants look fab. I am going to be upgrading one of my 180L tanks to a 450L or sth and am considering this as I really want to do it right. Does it really make that much of a difference?

• Advertisement

fungun wrote: »
    . Does it really make that much of a difference?

Simple answer
    YES.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Yeah,thats them,just down the road from FAS.

You can buy 2kg or 5kg empty tanks off them and also get them filled up too.You can also bring your existing CO2 tank to them and they will refill it for you,for not alot of euros.:)

I don't suppose you know the height of that cylinder?

I've looking to set up a CO2 system, I've emailed Doyles, but got no reply yet :mad:

Where did you get the other equipment, regulator, tubing etc.

Any idea of the prices, particulary the regulator?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I don't suppose you know the height of that cylinder?

I've looking to set up a CO2 system, I've emailed Doyles, but got no reply yet :mad:

Where did you get the other equipment, regulator, tubing etc.

Any idea of the prices, particulary the regulator?

The regulator and all the tubing is part of the Pro-Flora kit.

But you can but the tubing in most aquariam shops per meter...just make sure that its the hard black plastic pipe that can widthstand the CO2 and the pressure.

I will measure the 2kg bottle for you.

Just need to find the measuring tape...now where the hell did I leave it down??:pac::confused:

50 euro for supply and fill of the 2 kg bottle from Doyles.

The 2kg bottle lasts us around 7.5 months.

Right so.....

The 2 kg CO2 botle is 570mm from the bottles base to the top of the open/close valve.

The diamater of the bottle is a shade over 100mm wide.

Tank is doing very well....so well in fact that we not have 18 brand new additions to the tank.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855531

Right so.....

The 2 kg CO2 botle is 570mm from the bottles base to the top of the open/close valve.

The diamater of the bottle is a shade over 100mm wide.

Tank is doing very well....so well in fact that we not have 18 brand new additions to the tank.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855531

Thanks for that. I went over to Doyles today. They had none in stock, due in in a couple of weeks. Fella there reckons they were around €60.

Have to track down a regulator now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I went over to Doyles today. They had none in stock, due in in a couple of weeks. Fella there reckons they were around €60.

Have to track down a regulator now.

Ask Doyles of go to a plumbers merchants/suppliers.:)

Also try Air Impact Ireland in Balymount Industrial Estate.

Some of the aquariam shops (Maxi Zoo and Seahorse) will sell the Pro-Flora regulator...but expect to pay more for it there though.

The 2kg bottle lasts us around 7.5 months.

Whats the volume of your tank, looks great by the way! Mine is 450 litres. I'm guessing yours is something similar so should get similar time out of the CO2.
    Ask Doyles of go to a plumbers merchants/suppliers.:)

They said they don't do them. Should get one easily enough. The bottle in Seahorse is €140 for 3kg, the regulator was something similar :eek:

Whats the volume of your tank, looks great by the way! Mine is 450 litres. I'm guessing yours is something similar so should get similar time out of the CO2.

They said they don't do them. Should get one easily enough. The bottle in Seahorse is €140 for 3kg, the regulator was something similar :eek:

Its a 500 litre Discuss tank.

The other tank out in the kitchen is 300 litres and then the sump tank below which is 110 litres.

Best bet is to have a shop around and see what you can get for the budget you have.:)

Advertisement